Question Adding extra var to resource

Clownmug

Reactions
Does anyone know if it's possible to add another var to resource, like for an alternate version, after it's already been released to the Hub? I'm afraid of trying to update the resource and have the first var replaced.

Solution
I've seen things posted that way. Some characters come with a full demo scene, with lots of dependencies, plus a minimal scene with fewer. I think if you just add multiple vars and thumbs to a post, it lists both. I do not know what will happen if it detects that one of the files in the update is identical to the previous version. It might want you to repackage it as version 2.
I've seen things posted that way. Some characters come with a full demo scene, with lots of dependencies, plus a minimal scene with fewer. I think if you just add multiple vars and thumbs to a post, it lists both. I do not know what will happen if it detects that one of the files in the update is identical to the previous version. It might want you to repackage it as version 2.

Upvote 0
Solution

Update resource looks like it will stop you if you trying to upload an existing file. I don't know if that means it'll keep the first one or not. It's possible that if I keep the same version number instead it might. I'm going to give that a shot.

Upvote 0

Looks like I had to do version 2 as you thought. Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom