VoiceControl

Plugins VoiceControl

So, have you tried setting up Speech Recognition in Windows Ease of Access, in your PC's Settings, and done all the steps onward from that panel?

Settings Panel (type in and search)->Ease of Access -> Speech Recognition -> (next steps)...

Yeah I've tried every setting related to speech and voice that windows has. I supposed it could always be an issue with admin access on my machine? Though im pretty sure I have admin access on everything.

Dumb question which may solve my problem. Is there a push to talk key? Because I know the plugin detects my microphone setup, but I still get that error every time I launch it and none of the commands work.

With AWS and Watson bot you can select a key, usually the space bar, to speak to the bot, so that's not a dumb question. In MacGruber's speech recognition there's no push key. If you're using Veerifter's plugin, why not try MacGruber's speech recognition plugin to check if you get the same warnings. Also, maybe try another mic, and go through the set up again? I know how you feel, I spent months in Unity trying to figure out why this or that didn't work, watching red warning lights flowing down the console. Have you tried messaging Veerifter?

I tried both plugins and they gave me similar message. Though Mac's did behave slightly different. Don't have an extra mic but ima try reinstalling some stuff.

Hello,
Works under Windows 11
I am French....
It works well with the English words in the list .... but I don't see how to add words (French words) .... there is a list of words in the dialog box, this list is fine look for it somewhere .. ???? No use if you can't add words ....

Attachments

• motsaudio.JPG
    motsaudio.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This plugin is just amazing. This adds so much immersion, it's unbelievable.

I have a (small?) feature request: could you add the possibility to enable and disable certain triggers? So let's say you have like 10 dialogue options. It would be nice if some of them could be disable when you're not in that branch. So the only thing needed is a:

Atom:VoiceCommandController -> Receiver: plugin#0_VeeRifter.VoiceControl -> Target: "EnableTrigger"
which opens a textbox where you can type the name of that trigger

and:

Atom:VoiceCommandController -> Receiver: plugin#0_VeeRifter.VoiceControl -> Target: "DisableTrigger"
which opens a textbox where you can type the name of that trigger

and maybe a:

Atom:VoiceCommandController -> Receiver: plugin#0_VeeRifter.VoiceControl -> Target: "DisableAllTriggers"
Atom:VoiceCommandController -> Receiver: plugin#0_VeeRifter.VoiceControl -> Target: "EnableAllTriggers"

Very similar to the StateMachines by macgruber.

Of course you then also have to program the possibility of the triggers to be enable and disabled..

I'm absolutely in love with this plugin. This adds so much. Enable/disabling the voicecommands would allow to use branched dialogue

I noticed a bug/glitch: if I disable the plugin, it still recognizes voicecommands. To solve my problem above, I tried to have multiple plugins of VoiceControl available, where I enable/disable the ones I needed for the dialoguebranches I was looking for. But unfortunately disabling the plugin still makes it recognize voicecommands. Hopefully you can fix this in a future update? :)

Hello,
Works under Windows 11
I am French....
It works well with the English words in the list .... but I don't see how to add words (French words) .... there is a list of words in the dialog box, this list is fine look for it somewhere .. ???? No use if you can't add words ....
Utilisez l'option "Edit Trigger" (modifier le déclencheur) pour modifier les déclencheurs existants ou l'option "Add Trigger" (ajouter un déclencheur) pour en créer un nouveau. Je ne peux vraiment pas faire plus simple que ça.

Attachments

• VoiceControlUI.jpg
    VoiceControlUI.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I noticed a bug/glitch: if I disable the plugin, it still recognizes voicecommands. To solve my problem above, I tried to have multiple plugins of VoiceControl available, where I enable/disable the ones I needed for the dialoguebranches I was looking for. But unfortunately disabling the plugin still makes it recognize voicecommands. Hopefully you can fix this in a future update? :)
New version 1.3 released which fixes plugin not recognising plugin enable/disable commands.

Last edited:
Hi @VeeRifter thanks for the superquick 1.4 version. The enabling/disabling works very well, except, for one bug which kept puzzling me. At the load of a scene, Voiceocontrol plugins which were disabled when saved (so the scene is loaded with that plugin disabled) still recognize voice commands. Manually enabling and then disabling the plugin again, solves this problem.

So in short: on scene load, disabled voicecontrol plugins still recognize voice commands.

(If you interact with the plugin during the scene, disabling/enabling works fine.)

Hopefully you can look at this again? Thanks for your hard work, I'm having a blast automating scenes with voice commands :).

Hi @VeeRifter thanks for the superquick 1.4 version. The enabling/disabling works very well, except, for one bug which kept puzzling me. At the load of a scene, Voiceocontrol plugins which were disabled when saved (so the scene is loaded with that plugin disabled) still recognize voice commands. Manually enabling and then disabling the plugin again, solves this problem.

So in short: on scene load, disabled voicecontrol plugins still recognize voice commands.

(If you interact with the plugin during the scene, disabling/enabling works fine.)

Hopefully you can look at this again? Thanks for your hard work, I'm having a blast automating scenes with voice commands :).
Fixed.

Is there a way to disable a voice trigger from a trigger? That way if a model has already moved to a different location, it won't listen to commands that will force her to play an animation from a previous location, which will cause her to warp there.

Is there a way to disable a voice trigger from a trigger? That way if a model has already moved to a different location, it won't listen to commands that will force her to play an animation from a previous location, which will cause her to warp there.
No, but you can disable and enable a voice trigger plugin using a trigger, and you can have multiple voice trigger plugins in a scene. Just add another voice trigger plugin to the atom.

Hey Vee! Awesome tool, works like a charme ❤

But one thing seems to be buggy or so:

I set up everything so my character can pee on command, everything works like a charme! I saved everything in my subscene, but when I load this person as subscene in another scene, the "Receiver atom" and "Receiver" points are suddenly empty. In the saved subscene those were the Person and its cum-CUA...

looks like that:

1634715796825.png

The funny thing is, the "Receiver target" stays saved. Do you have a clue why this is deleted when loading this as subscene?

The problem is that the VoiceControl plugin is not recognising when it is being saved as part of a subscene, so the path to the receiver atom will be incorrect.
VoiceControl saves its receiver atom in the scene.json like this:

Code:
               "VoiceTriggers" : [
                  {
                     "Name" : "START",
                     "START" : {
                        "startActions" : [
                           {
                              "name" : "START",
                              "receiverAtom" : "CustomUnityAsset",
                              "receiver" : "plugin#0_FluidEditorFemalePlugin.FluidEditorFemale",
                              "receiverTargetName" : "Start stream"
                           }
                        ],
                        "transitionActions" : [
                        ],
                        "endActions" : [
                        ]
                     }
                  },
As you can see, it is defined in this example as "receiverAtom" : "CustomUnityAsset",
But if you save the plugin as part of a subscene named "Squirting Standard Woman" for example, then the receiver atom in the subscene becomes "Squirting Standard Woman/CustomUnityAsset"
However, all is not lost. For now, you can manually edit the subscene file "Squirting Standard Woman.json" and change any line defining a receiver atom in the VoiceControl section from:
"receiverAtom" : "CustomUnityAsset",
to:
"receiverAtom" : "Squirting Standard Woman/CustomUnityAsset",
and the subscene should then work properly. Obviously you would use your own subscene name, if I guessed it wrong.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
This helps a lot, because it worked perfectly. Thank you so much! :)
I've since had another look at the plugin code in the light of what you reported in order to determine exactly why it was not recognising that it was part of a subscene.
You'll be happy to know that I figured it out and I'll be releasing a v1.5 update that addresses this issue shortly.
If you decide use the v1.5 update then you will need to revert any subscene you previously edited back to original for it to continue work.

This plugin is, as you know excellent. However, today, my V6 has suddenly stopped saving and erases the voice commands when the scene is reloaded. I have deleted the original plugin, done a hard restart, downloaded a new V6, but the problem persists. Any ideas, please?

Is there a way to save voice commands or presets? I saved the plugin as part of a preset load, but the actual commands don't carry over and get wiped.

Is there a way to save voice commands or presets? I saved the plugin as part of a preset load, but the actual commands don't carry over and get wiped.
Yes, by using a SubScene.

Creation:
Add an 'Empty' atom to your scene.
Add the VoiceControl plugin to this 'Empty' atom then define your voice commands and actions within the plugin.
Add a 'SubScene' atom to your scene.
Parent the 'Empty' atom only to the SubScene, then save the SubScene.

Use:
Load a scene.
Add a SubScene atom.
From the Subscene atom's UI load the subscene saved previously.

N.B. Voicetrigger actions reference target atoms so these atoms must exist in your scene, or be created, for the SubScene VoiceTriggers to work. Please note that you will get an 'external reference' advisory warning when you save the SubScene without the target atoms referenced by the plugin.
When you subsequently load the subcene back into a scene, the target atom(s) must exist.

Alternatively, VoiceTrigger target atoms can be parented to, and saved with the SubScene and will work without any other action being necessary. In this case you will not get the 'external reference' warning on saving the SubScene.

Last edited:
too bad it does not work for me. In windows everything works fine. I can open eg Notepad and write down sentences/commands like your example commands "Lights off" and so on. But in VAM it seems that those commands are not passed from this Voice Recognition into VAM/your Plugin.

I can see that this HUD white label disappears when focussing VAM but my Windows HUD only is showing "What was that?" - so it seems that is not knowing that is has to pass this information the the plugin?

I saw another one in this thread who has this/another similar issue. Anyone who can help with that? So Speech Recognition in general works on my machine as I can open Notepad and write down text with it. Just the plugin in VAM does not work I guess

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom