• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

VoiceControl

Plugins VoiceControl 1.5

VeeRifter

Featured Contributor
Reactions
VeeRifter submitted a new resource:

VoiceControl - A plugin to trigger events via spoken commands.

View attachment 53820

This plugin is based on the original VoiceTrigger plugin written by Almadiel.
It utilises Unity's KeywordRecognizer which listens to speech input and compares the spoken keyword, or words, to a predefined list before triggering the associated event(s)."
This will satisfy the needs of most VAM users, but if you require a plugin that supports both KeywordRecognizer, and the more complex, GrammarRecognizer I would recommend the excellent SpeechRecognition...

Read more about this resource...

Great. I came here by searching for Almadiel and his two year old Compliance plugin. But it's nowhere to be found. Do you know where to download it and will it still work in new VAM ?

I'm looking for a way to make a realistic voice conversation with the VAM girl. I would like to have an AIML bot feature for keywords and answers but I can't program this. I can make voice files and keyword lists but not combining them with a chatbot AIML.

Hi - thank you so much for making this! I'm pretty impressed with MacGruber's voice rec plugin but still trying to find a way to save/export/import a keyword list for use in any scene, so always looking for new voice-related plugins.
I'm curious about a few things-
1) There are 5 dependencies, none of which seem to really be necessary, and one of which is this var itself? EDIT: i get it - they are the demo scene dependencies.
2) The option to log messages - does this save in a specific file?
3) You mentioned it could be a session plugin - i'm having a hard time understanding how this would be helpful unless every scene has the same triggers, but if you start a new scene with this plugin loaded, there wouldn't be any triggers yet in the scene, right? I'm sure I'm missing something basic. Thanks!

Great. I came here by searching for Almadiel and his two year old Compliance plugin. But it's nowhere to be found. Do you know where to download it and will it still work in new VAM ?

I'm looking for a way to make a realistic voice conversation with the VAM girl. I would like to have an AIML bot feature for keywords and answers but I can't program this. I can make voice files and keyword lists but not combining them with a chatbot AIML.
Couldn't have looked very hard , I found it on the VAM Discord in 30 seconds simply by using the search function.:D
It does still work with the latest VAM. Here you go and best of luck with your project.

Attachments

• Compliance.cs
    39.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi - thank you so much for making this! I'm pretty impressed with MacGruber's voice rec plugin but still trying to find a way to save/export/import a keyword list for use in any scene, so always looking for new voice-related plugins.
I'm curious about a few things-
1) There are 5 dependencies, none of which seem to really be necessary, and one of which is this var itself? EDIT: i get it - they are the demo scene dependencies.
2) The option to log messages - does this save in a specific file?
3) You mentioned it could be a session plugin - i'm having a hard time understanding how this would be helpful unless every scene has the same triggers, but if you start a new scene with this plugin loaded, there wouldn't be any triggers yet in the scene, right? I'm sure I'm missing something basic. Thanks!
Sorry, that mention of a session plugin was an error (thanks for pointing it out) Should have read scene plugin (it does now).
Messages go to VAM's message log, available from the main UI, second row of icons. It's the "Page" icon directly below the "Exclamation mark" icon which is for the error log.
VAM Error, and Message (Info) logs are also copied to the file "C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\LocalLow\MeshedVR\VaM\output_log.txt"

Last edited:
Couldn't have looked very hard , I found it on the VAM Discord in 30 seconds simply by using the search function.:D
It does still work with the latest VAM. Here you go and best of luck with your project.
Oh thank you. I have not thought on the Discord search function to find it. I had asked there today and I was given a MEGA download link.
I will try it.

Compliance plugin is still working great in VAM 1.20.

Can you tell me please where is the JSON with the command words saved after I have created some triggers with keywords ?
I know it is saved in the scene.json file when I save a scene but
I would like to edit that file and create more triggers and keyword lists with notepad editing. Easier than in VAM.

How can I make an undress command ?
I have tried it with trigger: person - control - clothing presets - load preset from path - and then added a nude preset.

But it's not working. The same with other clothing presets. They do not change when I speak the keyword BUT they are changing when I press TEST button in the trigger menu.

EDIT: Maybe VAM window was not in focus anymore because all the other triggers were also dead. I will try again after reloading the scene.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Compliance plugin is still working great in VAM 1.20.

Can you tell me please where is the JSON with the command words saved after I have created some triggers with keywords ?
I know it is saved in the scene.json file when I save a scene but
I would like to edit that file and create more triggers and keyword lists with notepad editing. Easier than in VAM.

How can I make an undress command ?
I have tried it with trigger: person - control - clothing presets - load preset from path - and then added a nude preset.

But it's not working. The same with other clothing presets. They do not change when I speak the keyword BUT they are changing when I press TEST button in the trigger menu.

EDIT: Maybe VAM window was not in focus anymore because all the other triggers were also dead. I will try again after reloading the scene.

Thanks.
When you create a trigger inside VAM using the plugin it is stored in memory. It does not get written to file till you save the scene. You can manually edit the scene.json to add triggers but you must ensure the formatting is EXACTLY like the existing ones or you risk the scene not loading because VAM couldn't parse it. I would not recommend it. Easier than in VAM ? I think not.
As for your clothing presets not working. Test the recognizer with HUD feedback on to confirm that the keyword is recognised.
If you don't see the HUD message then the word is just not recognized, or as you said may be the case, the VAM window did not have focus. Again, easy enough to fix just by clicking inside VAM's window.

Hi!

I can't get timers to work when setting up an action (when triggering a morph, for example). If I disable the timer, it works flawlessly. Anyone else run into this issue?

Other than that the plugin works great.

how to use it?
Make sure the microphone you intend to use is set as the Windows default device.
Download the plugin and demo scene and place both in the AddonPackages folder.
Start VAM and load the demo scene.
Say some the keywords you see written on the bed headboard and observe what happens.
Open the plugin UI and try the "Edit" function on one or more of the defined voice triggers in order to see how they work.
Try making your own voice triggers based on what you have learned from the examples in the demo.
Come back here and leave a review. :)

Make sure the microphone you intend to use is set as the Windows default device.
Download the plugin and demo scene and place both in the AddonPackages folder.
Start VAM and load the demo scene.
Say some the keywords you see written on the bed headboard and observe what happens.
Open the plugin UI and try the "Edit" function on one or more of the defined voice triggers in order to see how they work.
Try making your own voice triggers based on what you have learned from the examples in the demo.
Come back here and leave a review. :)
thanks for reply. but where the demo scene?

Sorry, the demo got omitted in the v1.1 bugfix release. It's available again via the download button.
thanks again,but it still not work for me
i use the build in mic in quest 2 and try to voice control, not work

thanks again,but it still not work for me
i use the build in mic in quest 2 and try to voice control, not work
Did you set up the mic as windows default ? Did the mic show up in the plugin UI as the active mic ?

Hello. I am using Valve index and when I speak from desktop the microphone works but then in the game it does not execute the commands. How can I solve?

Hello. I am using Valve index and when I speak from desktop the microphone works but then in the game it does not execute the commands. How can I solve?
Insufficient information provided.
Did you read and understand all of the information provided in the overview ?
Are you using my demo scene ?
Does the VaM desktop window have focus ?
Is your microphone set as the Windows default microphone ?
Are you getting command recognized feedback messages in the head up display when you speak a command ?

Last edited:
Guys, tust me, this plugin works and it it's so easy to use, if you select the correct default microphone . It's using a speech recognition system in your PC. If your PC can't 'hear' what you are saying, the speech recognition system can't detect it, hence the plugin won't work. For example, my PC doesn't come with a default microphone. I'm using the microphone on an aftermarket camera, the kind you use for Zoom etc. This works with the Windows Speech Recognition system that's built into your PC. You need to set a microphone like this as the default, if you don't have a built-in microphone already as your default. I hope that helps.

It's a brilliant plugin for what it does. Thank you VeeRifter!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom