Video Renderer for 3D VR180, VR360 and Flat 2D & Audio + BVH Animation Recorder

Plugins Video Renderer for 3D VR180, VR360 and Flat 2D & Audio + BVH Animation Recorder

The FOV standards for VRRenderer and the game are different—68 in VRRenderer corresponds to 40 in the game, and 90 corresponds to 60. When depth of field is enabled, if the recorded footage looks different from the player's view, it might cause the recorded image to appear blurry. My method was to add the Embody plugin to the atom that has the VRRenderer attached and enable it. Hope this helps!
That sounds strange. I tried to setup focus distance manually and it works fine for display camera and plugin preview. I've just move camera relatively by z axis to check distance and after filling this value in plugin, it works. Also, i checked depth of field of MacGruber's plugin code, maybe there is distance calculation problem.
Thanks, I'll try to test Embody or do something else

The FOV standards for VRRenderer and the game are different—68 in VRRenderer corresponds to 40 in the game, and 90 corresponds to 60. When depth of field is enabled, if the recorded footage looks different from the player's view, it might cause the recorded image to appear blurry. My method was to add the Embody plugin to the atom that has the VRRenderer attached and enable it. Hope this helps!
You're correct, the PoV is off by roughly 20 degrees, but I think that's because it was designed for VR renderings, not flat like I use it for. That said, if you hit the F9 key on your keyboard it will take a screenshot to show you what the render will look like. I use that to adjust my depth of field and other settings prior to running the render.

Hello @yunidatsu , I would like to ask if the streaming can be transmitted to another computer on the LAN. One of my computers has difficulty generating VR high-definition videos. I want one computer to generate pictures and the other to synthesize the video using FFMPEG. Sorry for my bad grammar.

I tried it on another computer on the LAN. I changed the IP address but FFMPEG did not listen but said Error opening input : Error number -10049 occurred. I pinged the other computer and it worked.

When I render a scene with a background video the video always plays in real time mode causing it to be faster than the animation. Does anyone know why? If it can't be solved, I can only find a way to play the sequence frames.

When I render a scene with a background video the video always plays in real time mode causing it to be faster than the animation. Does anyone know why? If it can't be solved, I can only find a way to play the sequence frames.
You are using timeline. When using the render plugin, go into the settings of timeline and change it from realtime to gametime. That will fix this.

You are using timeline. When using the render plugin, go into the settings of timeline and change it from realtime to gametime. That will fix this.
Thanks for the reply. I know timeline‘s settings. The problem now is that I use the built-in video playback atom to play the video, but the video is always played in real-time mode when using the plugin. I don't know how to fix it. The effect I want is for the two people in front to play animations and the TV behind them to play videos. If possible you can try it, thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I know timeline‘s settings. The problem now is that I use the built-in video playback atom to play the video, but the video is always played in real-time mode when using the plugin. I don't know how to fix it. The effect I want is for the two people in front to play animations and the TV behind them to play videos. If possible you can try it, thanks.
Ohh sorry, I misunderstood... Hmm.... that's an interesting problem.... You would have to somehow get a 'game time' option for whatever is playing the video as well, which is easier said than done... What might be easier is to instead have a green square where you want the video playback to be occuring, and then in your video editor after render put the video back in?

Ohh sorry, I misunderstood... Hmm.... that's an interesting problem.... You would have to somehow get a 'game time' option for whatever is playing the video as well, which is easier said than done... What might be easier is to instead have a green square where you want the video playback to be occuring, and then in your video editor after render put the video back in?
Using green screen is also a way I thought of, but it doesn't fit well with the original scene and requires post-processing. Another way is to play the picture sequence frame through the timeline plug-in, but the minimum scale of the timeline is only 0.1s, which means fps of "video " is 10... Well, this is really a tricky problem...

Hello @yunidatsu , I would like to ask if the streaming can be transmitted to another computer on the LAN. One of my computers has difficulty generating VR high-definition videos. I want one computer to generate pictures and the other to synthesize the video using FFMPEG. Sorry for my bad grammar.

Yes! I just tried it myself with VaM on Windows and FFMPEG on another Linux machine. You just have to enter the IP address of the FFMPEG machine in the plugin GUI under "Host" AND use that same IP address on the FFMPEG machine in the listen URL instead of 127.0.0.1. Here's the command I used (the machine on which it runs is 192.168.178.29):

ffmpeg -y -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -s 1920x1080 -r 60 -i tcp://192.168.178.29:54341?listen -vf vflip -c:v libx265 -preset medium -pix_fmt yuv420p -crf 20 video.mp4

Note especially the underlined part.

If that doesn't work for you, I would need to see your command and the Host setting in the plugin, although I'm not really an expert in FFMPEG nor networking.

Not sure about the performance though. The network might become the bottleneck, since the plugin sends uncompressed RGB(A) data to FFMPEG. Even for 1920x1080 video at 30FPS that's already more than 1Gbps to encode in real-time.

Last edited:
I have a problem with this plugin. When i added it to ssssion plugins or scene plugin scenes i'm starting to get lot of errors in error log. And they like repeath each other. On cycle.
It sais something about problem with file <file_name> or something.
And it doesn't make any screenshots

I have a problem with this plugin. When i added it to ssssion plugins or scene plugin scenes i'm starting to get lot of errors in error log. And they like repeath each other. On cycle.
It sais something about problem with file <file_name> or something.
And it doesn't make any screenshots
This plugin has different approach. You should put this plugin into some object, like empty, or windowcamera. This object will be camera renderer with direction of Z (blue arrow)

Yes! I just tried it myself with VaM on Windows and FFMPEG on another Linux machine. You just have to enter the IP address of the FFMPEG machine in the plugin GUI under "Host" AND use that same IP address on the FFMPEG machine in the listen URL instead of 127.0.0.1. Here's the command I used (the machine on which it runs is 192.168.178.29):

Note especially the underlined part.

If that doesn't work for you, I would need to see your command and the Host setting in the plugin, although I'm not really an expert in FFMPEG nor networking.

Not sure about the performance though. The network might become the bottleneck, since the plugin sends uncompressed RGB(A) data to FFMPEG. Even for 1920x1080 video at 30FPS that's already more than 1Gbps to encode in real-time.
Sorry, I just saw it. I tried it again as you said and it worked. Thank you very much for your enthusiastic help.

For me it was helpful, I had a 2.5G wired network connection and it helped me offload most of the CPU load. Thank you again.

Has someone found a good way to hide body parts in the rendered video? I often find myself wanting to make a character's head invisible for part of a scene to get a better view with the camera. Positioning the camera just in front of the face often leads to a view that's "too close" for VR, so I'd like to move it back quite a bit without anatomy getting in the way.

I've tried a few plugins, but they all either don't work at all with the renderer or (more often) lead to a kind of glitch where the transparency isn't perfect so you can still see the "ghost" of the head through the view. I suppose that's a quirk in the renderer's shaders. The most hopeful thing I've found is Acidbubble's Embody plugin, which hides the head perfectly in the normal view, but unfortunately doesn't work at all with the renderer.

I'm actually kind of surprised that there's no way to just completely stop a body part from being rendered at all in VaM, without resorting to transparency tricks.

Has someone found a good way to hide body parts in the rendered video? I often find myself wanting to make a character's head invisible for part of a scene to get a better view with the camera. Positioning the camera just in front of the face often leads to a view that's "too close" for VR, so I'd like to move it back quite a bit without anatomy getting in the way.

I've tried a few plugins, but they all either don't work at all with the renderer or (more often) lead to a kind of glitch where the transparency isn't perfect so you can still see the "ghost" of the head through the view. I suppose that's a quirk in the renderer's shaders. The most hopeful thing I've found is Acidbubble's Embody plugin, which hides the head perfectly in the normal view, but unfortunately doesn't work at all with the renderer.

I'm actually kind of surprised that there's no way to just completely stop a body part from being rendered at all in VaM, without resorting to transparency tricks.
I did not test it, but i have an idea. Try to use this one https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/hide-skin-by-mask.7089/
This should work like alpha masking, not alpha blending.
You can also hide shader material in eyes and eyelashes settings :unsure:

try this out
1725267233867.png

1725267261542.png

After my testing, there is no conflict with the render camera.

Attachments

• ImprovedPoV.cs
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
Stupid question, but how to export animation as BVH or when possible as FBX?

I've added plugin to window camera, but it doesn't see post processing effects. I've added effects by using plugin mayoshi.PostEffects. Is there way to fix it? Coz without post processing picture looks a little bit pale.

I've added plugin to window camera, but it doesn't see post processing effects. I've added effects by using plugin mayoshi.PostEffects. Is there way to fix it? Coz without post processing picture looks a little bit pale.
Were you in VR? I've found that if you're using VR, Windows Camera and the render plugin, you need to enable the PostMagic plugin WHILE IN VR, (then it flips everything upside down on you, etc), then take off your headset and finish in desktop for the render. Not sure why, but that works. Hit F9 as well to see a screenshot prior to the render to ensure your effects are on and set correctly.

Were you in VR? I've found that if you're using VR, Windows Camera and the render plugin, you need to enable the PostMagic plugin WHILE IN VR, (then it flips everything upside down on you, etc), then take off your headset and finish in desktop for the render. Not sure why, but that works. Hit F9 as well to see a screenshot prior to the render to ensure your effects are on and set correctly.
No. I'm not in vr. I'm using vr only for posing. If i launch scene on ultra quality with more than one character - i'm getting 15 fps.

Back
Top Bottom