Video Guide on how to fit and import any 3d Clothing Item to Virtamate

Guides Video Guide on how to fit and import any 3d Clothing Item to Virtamate

mopedlampe

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
mopedlampe
mopedlampe submitted a new resource:

How to import any Clothing Item - Video-Guide from start to finish with some Shoes from sketchfab.com

I just made a quick Video Guide on how to basically bring any clothing item that you can download (and open in blender) into vam.

This is basically a complete guide from start (download the shoes from sketchfab.com) to the finished clothing item in vam in only 10 minutes.

View attachment 166711 View attachment 166712

The only requirement is that you have daz studio installed (including the genesis 2 pack) as well as blender.
I won't go in depth with all the...

Read more about this resource...

when I load the finished obj in Daz. the female model gets loaded along with the clothing I saved. idk if i missed a step. when i load the duf file the model is also there. I even deleted the model in Blender when I export the clothing to obj.

when I load the finished obj in Daz. the female model gets loaded along with the clothing I saved. idk if i missed a step. when i load the duf file the model is also there. I even deleted the model in Blender when I export the clothing to obj.
hi, i had the same problem. The only solution I could find on my own is:
load your genesis2 / load your clothes / apply Tpose to genesis (the garment must follow the model) / hide genesis and all part / select all object / right click / click on attach / and export to blender.

hello I have two small problem if someone has a track to solve them ......
- My model's hair goes through the hood after import.
-some shape, especially the chest become very coarse (I suspect the change of subdivision .126K base reduced to 30k for VAM)
If anyone can confirm or deny this and help me out that would be great, thank you.
unicorn.png

Very excited about this guide but alas I need to learn Blender more. I got as far in the video as having the shoe on the right foot ready for adjustment but when I clicked on the mesh the orange wire frame turned to black and I couldn't adjust the shoe. I clicked undo and got the orange wire frame back and was able to adjust the shoe, but when trying to move to a bottom view like in the video, the body moved but not the shoe. Ugh. I guess that's the problem with video tutorials, unless it's step by step with clear directions it's easy to get lost. Oh well, guess I'll see if there are any other tutorials for using Sketchfab with Blender.

By the way, does it bother anyone else that the sneaker laces are not tied on those Converse shoes? My model will probably trip on something!

And another question: is there a tip for finding the free downloads on Sketchfab? I see a way to sort by price from low to high but the low starts at $3.00. I don't see a way to display all the free downloads.

blender may seem a little confusing at first but is actually quite easy to use for these "simple" operations. With your description, I think of a problem of object selection and surely, see tool then. Remember to select the garment alone without the genesis model in object mode, then switch to sculpture mode. using the "move" brush and playing with the radius you should get away with it. For the wire frame view problem see the buttons of my capture it can possibly help you. But if you are completely new to Blender, I advise you to start with the tutorials on the basic shortcuts and navigation between objects/modes, it will change your life. good luck
ai.png

I advise you to start with the tutorials on the basic shortcuts and navigation between objects/modes, it will change your life. good luck

Thanks, I shall certainly do that. I'm very motivated to create some new clothing for my VaM people! Oddly enough I find dressing the nude people to be very fun and creative, trying out different outfits and looks. Must be a throwback to when I was a kid and played with action figures.

Back
Top Bottom