• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

A guide to updating vars and plugins

Guides A guide to updating vars and plugins

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hazmhox submitted a new resource:

A guide to updating vars and plugins - ... but also how to get rid of that annoying invalid assetbundle error

⚠ PLEASE:
  • If you like this resource, consider liking and reviewing it for the community
  • Take your time to read. I will not answer private messages asking questions about things that are actually explained in the tutorial.

View attachment 186407

Intro

VaM helps you to easily download and use content from the hub. But it hardly helps you to understand how to update your scenes properly when you are a creator.
This...

Read more about this resource...

I'm not sure if it works. But inside var there's meta.json with two lines:
"standardReferenceVersionOption" : "Latest",
"scriptReferenceVersionOption" : "Exact",
Maybe changing into both to Latest and in dependencies changing ie. "MacGruber.Life.10" to "MacGruber.Life.latest" will work? Also don't know if you can control those two in var package builder.

Yup! You can control them in the package builder.

But I wanted to avoid explaining to people to hack into var files. If by any mistake, you redownload the same version of Life, your changes are lost. The update process should be controlled at the scene level without trying to hack into the resources themselves.

Also, it indeed relies deeply on how good the initial resource is. Meshed did the latest/exact version system to avoid legacy issues. But as a plugin creator, if you think about your creators/players, you would put it to latest for both (standard and script) and handle the legacy compatibility in the code.

The invalid assetbundle issue is particularly annoying when making a scene and you need to replace the local assetbundle with the var version you created.

The invalid assetbundle issue is particularly annoying when making a scene and you need to replace the local assetbundle with the var version you created.

Yup! I'm simply doing the var upfront now. It is really a pain when you're working on independent scene that are not going to be packed with the asset itself :/

Yeah, I just have to remember to not bother using the local version to test in scenes I might want to release, finish asset, pack it, then test/build.

thank! But is the newest always the best or the most proper? Sorry,I want to ask another question,how to avoid the error log appearing all the time,enen if it has some wrong ,for example ordinarily :the loss of paid var file .

Back
Top Bottom