VaM Thin Twin (FULL) - Super fast load times

Paid Other VaM Thin Twin (FULL) - Super fast load times

I can't get Vamsander's Video Controller plugin to work. I tried putting the videos in places that would be accessible since Vam thin can't access the main folders during gameplay.

I can't get Vamsander's Video Controller plugin to work. I tried putting the videos in places that would be accessible since Vam thin can't access the main folders during gameplay.
Hi! I'll support you with that, please run the debug version and email me the log files and I'll first check if there is any error including it.

Does it work with VAM run as Shadow of tombrider SOTTR.exe instead of VAM and SOTTR_data instaad of VAM_Data for nvidia fake raytracing :)

Does it work with VAM run as Shadow of tombrider SOTTR.exe instead of VAM and SOTTR_data instaad of VAM_Data for nvidia fake raytracing :)
Yes! I was testing this recently with a user and he made it work. This is from the instructions section I included in the latest release:

"If you use the SOTTR trick for raytracing, instead of renaming VaM.exe to SOTTR.exe, just copy it and then rename it, so that you have both VaM.exe and SOTTR.exe in the same folder."

Hello! I'm interested in subscribing. Can I select appearance files and scene files and your tool will automatically only load the needed vars?
Also if that is the case and when I have selected the files I want to load in VAM and your toll picks the needed vars, can I easily delete the other not needed vars? I would like to "clean up" by doing this.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm interested in subscribing. Can I select appearance files and scene files and your tool will automatically only load the needed vars?
Also if that is the case and when I have selected the files I want to load in VAM and your toll picks the needed vars, can I easily delete the other not needed vars? I would like to "clean up" by doing this.
Hi, yes, that's right. You choose the appearances, scenes, plugins... etc. that you want, and it will create a preset with only those. Then you can have several presets with different selections in each one. For each preset it will create a folder in which you can see the files that you selected + the needed vars.

Remember that the files inside the Preset folders are links to the original file in your original VaM installation, so it's better to never delete things inside the Preset folders manually, as it could delete the original file if you're not sure about what is a link vs what is a file, and the Windows explorer displays icons in a very misleading way.

Deleting vars in the original VaM install is not something the tool would do, I try to make the tool not touch the original VaM files and vars, to make it safer and prevent conflicts with other tools. You would have to compare the Preset folder and the original VaM install and delete the vars that you don't want by yourself.

@VamLightYear Quick question - I have a few really old plugins that are just scripts (they predate VARs). Are those a problem for Vam Thin?

[UPDATE] Ah - it looks like you have the option to manually select additional files. That would likely work. :)

Last edited:
VamLightYear updated VaM Thin Twin (FULL) - Super fast load times with a new update entry:

VaM Thin Twin 10.0.0 (FULL)

Four new features in 10.0.0!
  • Rename Presets - now you can use your custom names for each preset
  • Add support for Clothing presets and Hair presets under the "Saved Appearance Presets" section
  • Use SHIFT-Click to select multiple vars at the same time - faster selection of items to include
  • Add Refresh button which refreshes the UI and shows new files

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back
Top Bottom