VaM Super Mode(Golden Pack)

Paid Plugins VaM Super Mode(Golden Pack)

I'm a licensed user.

If I upgrade to the Golden pack, can I still get updates for the Golden pack on the Stable tier in the future.

As much as i like your Software which is really a great Set of very useful Tools i dislike the ONE PC Licence Limit .
What if the Tool is discontinued and my PC crashes? then i can never ever use it again.
This is really bad.
Actually i skip every Software which has a 1 PC Limit usually.

The Waiting times for 1 Week for people who actually like to receive the Software.

There is no Demo.

The School Demo Scene is not available here to be used to learn the Software.

And you also seem to miss you Patreons questions for weeks?
They ask how the licencing works and have issues and get no answer.

Last edited:
I'm a licensed user.

If I upgrade to the Golden pack, can I still get updates for the Golden pack on the Stable tier in the future.
Hi, Stable tier covers the updates for MMDPlayer+RenderToMovie only so it doesn't cover updates for Golden Pack, new plugins are continuously being added to Golden Pack along with their updates. The details can be found on the Patron Tiers description page.

As much as i like your Software which is really a great Set of very useful Tools i dislike the ONE PC Licence Limit .
What if the Tool is discontinued and my PC crashes? then i can never ever use it again.
This is really bad.
Actually i skip every Software which has a 1 PC Limit usually.

The Waiting times for 1 Week for people who actually like to receive the Software.

There is no Demo.

The School Demo Scene is not available here to be used to learn the Software.

And you also seem to miss you Patreons questions for weeks?
They ask how the licencing works and have issues and get no answer.
Hi I dislike ONE PC License Limit as well, unfortunately there is even much worse problem for creators here I had to choose it.
Whenever my patron gets hardware change, just send me a new client id, I send them a new key. We work with human trust other than cold doubt.
You only have to wait when you choose lower tier, 20Euro tier for 6 plugins doesn't need to wait much, from my PoV, it is ok.
I tried my best to present demos, however I understand some people might still have questions, please just ask, we can discuss.
Important questions are always getting answered per Patron messages, it could happen I miss a few comments here and there, but if you have really critical questions, feel free to send me Patron messages.

Thx for your reply.

Ok i take your words here regarding the new PC.
Still doesnt fixes the Situation that once you stop your activities the Software is unusable for anyone who will
buy a new PC if they then move to a new PC.

Means party people then paid you + 100 $ being your fellow Patreon and have no longer working Plugin once you may discontinue your activities.
This is a nogo sry.
I do not mean that i think you would discontinue but who knows.

Honestly i also asked you a question here regarding "media File" Sources for your MMD Player which you didn't answer in weeks.
I mean you offer a MMD Plugin , you add Source Links which do not work or are unreadable to Europeans or non Chinese People.
People ask you where to get MMD Files to use them and you simply do not reply.
But exact that is the most important to get good Player Files to load.

I hope you will reply more to your community in future if people ask you questions.
That will help anyone here including me.

Thx for your reply.

Ok i take your words here regarding the new PC.
Still doesnt fixes the Situation that once you stop your activities the Software is unusable for anyone who will
buy a new PC if they then move to a new PC.

Means party people then paid you + 100 $ being your fellow Patreon and have no longer working Plugin once you may discontinue your activities.
This is a nogo sry.
I do not mean that i think you would discontinue but who knows.

Honestly i also asked you a question here regarding "media File" Sources for your MMD Player which you didn't answer in weeks.
I mean you offer a MMD Plugin , you add Source Links which do not work or are unreadable to Europeans or non Chinese People.
People ask you where to get MMD Files to use them and you simply do not reply.
But exact that is the most important to get good Player Files to load.

I hope you will reply more to your community in future if people ask you questions.
That will help anyone here including me.
Hi, regarding that if I stop my activities, as I said we work with trust, if one day I stop, I will remove the lock before I leave, though I hope I will not stop soon.
Yes, unfortunately the the only European or Western MMD source I know is YouTube, so I cannot say anything more, MMD seems only popular in East Asian.
Sometimes I could share a few public VMD files for Western beginners to learn to start with, but yeah I admit that MMD files are more difficult for Western users to access or share.

Ok this now sounds great to me with a offer to remove the Key Process.
I am fine with that.
Concerns wiped ;)

I really like what you are doing this is awesome.
Where is the College Scene from you use in your tech Video?

Actually i like learing from sources which are applied as a DEMO Asset to work with.
That way Support works much better if there are any questions
tech wise.

Ok this now sounds great to me with a offer to remove the Key Process.
I am fine with that.
Concerns wiped ;)

I really like what you are doing this is awesome.
Where is the College Scene from you use in your tech Video?

Actually i like learing from sources which are applied as a DEMO Asset to work with.
That way Support works much better if there are any questions
tech wise.
Thanks! The scenes I used are ported by this creator: https://hub.virtamate.com/members/vamgs104672.5458/
Unfortunately, he shared it only internally in a Taiwan website which I am afraid is also not easy to access for non-Chinese users.

Hi, you have made some great plugins in the past, and this is no exception.

I am a bit curious as to how this works. I understand that this super mode is intended to make available params of embedded assets, but im a bit confused as to the mmd plugin being listed as part of the pack, but requires a separate license? If i just want the unityasset features, and do not care about mmd plugin, do i still need to get the mmd plugin to use this "super mode" ?

thank you in advance for your reply

Hi, Stable tier covers the updates for MMDPlayer+RenderToMovie only so it doesn't cover updates for Golden Pack, new plugins are continuously being added to Golden Pack along with their updates. The details can be found on the Patron Tiers description page.

Thanks for the reply! If I have the Golden Pack now, and in the future, I want to only update the MMDPlayer+RenderToMovie on the Stable tier. Will the RenderToVR and SuperMode still work?

Hi, you have made some great plugins in the past, and this is no exception.

I am a bit curious as to how this works. I understand that this super mode is intended to make available params of embedded assets, but im a bit confused as to the mmd plugin being listed as part of the pack, but requires a separate license? If i just want the unityasset features, and do not care about mmd plugin, do i still need to get the mmd plugin to use this "super mode" ?

thank you in advance for your reply
Hi,
Thanks!
MMD Player and this Super Mode plugin are in one pack so it gets automatically installed when you install this pack.
You need a license once to unlock the software, if you already did it for MMDPlayer before then you don't need to do it again; If not, you have to do it once for Super Mode. It is some manual effort for users and for me, unfortunately I had to choose so, sorry about that!

Thanks for the reply! If I have the Golden Pack now, and in the future, I want to only update the MMDPlayer+RenderToMovie on the Stable tier. Will the RenderToVR and SuperMode still work?
Hi,
Yes, I will make it compatible as far as possible.

I absolutely love your ideas (though I despise your DRM practices and shady rewards model for Patreon - paying a premium and still artificially waiting for one week was atrocious). Your virtual file system idea is great - I was thinking to do it myself. I have about 3000 packages now and loading anything in VaM is a huge pain. I used ProcessMonitor to see what VaM is doing and saw that's it's not coded well to handle so many packages. It spends about 3 seconds after every click just checking if a package should be hidden or not (for each package, every time, without any preloading and caching). Also duplicate stuff in VAR packages is a huge mess too.

I absolutely love your ideas (though I despise your DRM practices and shady rewards model for Patreon - paying a premium and still artificially waiting for one week was atrocious). Your virtual file system idea is great - I was thinking to do it myself. I have about 3000 packages now and loading anything in VaM is a huge pain. I used ProcessMonitor to see what VaM is doing and saw that's it's not coded well to handle so many packages. It spends about 3 seconds after every click just checking if a package should be hidden or not (for each package, every time, without any preloading and caching). Also duplicate stuff in VAR packages is a huge mess too.
Thank you for your feedback!
Yeah, I hate the DRM practices, too. Unfortunately I have to choose it as I have much worse problem as a creator here. I plan to get rid of DRM as soon as I am able to handle that problem. paying a premium of 20 euro currently doesn't require waiting many hours. Unfortunately I have to process the licenses one by one, I am not able to respond to everybody instantly and I don't want to break promise, so although I send licenses sometimes just a few minutes after people paying 10euro, saying one week is always safe. So, bro, it is absolutely not artificial! Paying 10 euro for 6 plugins and wait for Maximum 1 week from my PoV is a good compromise for typical users who play on weekends. Virtual var file system is very challenging, I am sure we are not the only ones having this idea. It will be a patch rather than a normal plugin, normal users don't care about difference between a patch and a plugin, but I guess you must know it as you are also programming, a patch just means meshedVR decideded not to patch 1.x version any more but someone else wants to do it without the original code, it is tough.

Last edited:
I see, thanks for the explanation. For me waiting for a week was very frustrating. I saw the 20 euro tier with fast delivery and thus it was clear that there are no technical blockers for delivering the key fast so the whole waiting looked very artificial and immediately created bad experience for me. Especially nowadays when all digital purchases are delivered instantly. And also considering that even the cheapest option is 1.5x more expensive than VaM itself and also probably the most expensive plugin out there.

Re filesystem: it is not necessary for it to be a patch. One approach is to drop a proxy dll into a game folder which matches a windows dll name which contains filesystem functions. This way the game will use it instead of real dll and you will be able to do anything and return anything when the game wants to read/write data. Other option which looks simpler is to rename the AddonPackages folder and create a virtual filesystem mount point instead of the folder and create a program which manages calls to this filesystem using something like https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany

I see, thanks for the explanation. For me waiting for a week was very frustrating. I saw the 20 euro tier with fast delivery and thus it was clear that there are no technical blockers for delivering the key fast so the whole waiting looked very artificial and immediately created bad experience for me. Especially nowadays when all digital purchases are delivered instantly. And also considering that even the cheapest option is 1.5x more expensive than VaM itself and also probably the most expensive plugin out there.

Re filesystem: it is not necessary for it to be a patch. One approach is to drop a proxy dll into a game folder which matches a windows dll name which contains filesystem functions. This way the game will use it instead of real dll and you will be able to do anything and return anything when the game wants to read/write data. Other option which looks simpler is to rename the AddonPackages folder and create a virtual filesystem mount point instead of the folder and create a program which manages calls to this filesystem using something like https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany
OK.
This is already a patch, definitely not a plugin.

Zhfx,

The auto saving doesn't seem to be working on the super mode. When I turn off an object in the CUA environment and then saved the scene, and also exiting Vam..... When I come back to the scene later, that object I turned off is back on. I took a look in super mode, and the check box for that object is off. To turn that object back off again, I had to click the check box on and then off again for that object. I have the latest release of the golden pack. Hope you have a fix for this.

Zhfx,

The auto saving doesn't seem to be working on the super mode. When I turn off an object in the CUA environment and then saved the scene, and also exiting Vam..... When I come back to the scene later, that object I turned off is back on. I took a look in super mode, and the check box for that object is off. To turn that object back off again, I had to click the check box on and then off again for that object. I have the latest release of the golden pack. Hope you have a fix for this.
Thanks for the feedback! I can also reproduce this from my side, I will try to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom