Faster VaM(Hot-Load supported)

Paid Plugins Faster VaM(Hot-Load supported)

Do i have to load it as a scene plugin only 1 time?
Right, you need to load it only once, unless you want to change/switch the option. It actually works as scene plugin, session plugin and atom plugin.

You said "Once the faster Vam option is activated, the time needed to start VaM is constant no matter how many var files are installed. " Now my clean vam loading around 15 sec. So if i paste my old vam 6000 vars does it still loads 15 sec?

You said "Once the faster Vam option is activated, the time needed to start VaM is constant no matter how many var files are installed. " Now my clean vam loading around 15 sec. So if i paste my old vam 6000 vars does it still loads 15 sec?
Yes, more or less it will be around 15 secs, also depending on the default scene you set.

Hey, looks like if I launch it, all my other scene plugins do not load together with it - says that their files are not found. Then, if I load my scene, it seems not to load all of the assets. I need to reload it again so the assets are loaded, so looks like there's added extra chore. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Hey, looks like if I launch it, all my other scene plugins do not load together with it - says that their files are not found. Then, if I load my scene, it seems not to load all of the assets. I need to reload it again so the assets are loaded, so looks like there's added extra chore. Unless I'm doing something wrong.
Hi could you please send your default.json of the default scene to me so I can analyze it? I will check it and come back to you.

Hi could you please send your default.json of the default scene to me so I can analyze it? I will check it and come back to you.
I apologize, I meant session plugins, which keep remain unloaded (except FasterVam) and I have to reload them manually. Default scene seems to load properly. There's another bug I believe, if I don't actually load default scene after starting (which I often do) and load another scene instead, it will miss things like clothing/hair on the person and also custom unity asset. When I load it again, it loads properly. Also, if I do load default scene at first (it also uses custom unity asset environment) and then load other scene, it loads right away with no missing assets.

So looks like having to load default scene is a requirement for other scenes to load properly (or load them twice). But still, all other session plugins are not working for me - looks like they're in queue for loading and can't even reload them right away, have to wait until they go past the queue, maybe that's the case with other scenes assets not loading.

I tested it with FasterVAM as a session plugin default, and other time with it being enabled only once - looks like as long as there is headers file in VirtualVars directory, plugin will work. For me it's difference of 5 seconds with 1034 var files, so I don't suffer for not having it (but still it loads 33% faster).

Last edited:
I apologize, I meant session plugins, which keep remain unloaded (except FasterVam) and I have to reload them manually. Default scene seems to load properly. There's another bug I believe, if I don't actually load default scene after starting (which I often do) and load another scene instead, it will miss things like clothing/hair on the person and also custom unity asset. When I load it again, it loads properly. Also, if I do load default scene at first (it also uses custom unity asset environment) and then load other scene, it loads right away with no missing assets.

So looks like having to load default scene is a requirement for other scenes to load properly (or load them twice). But still, all other session plugins are not working for me - looks like they're in queue for loading and can't even reload them right away, have to wait until they go past the queue, maybe that's the case with other scenes assets not loading.

I tested it with FasterVAM as a session plugin default, and other time with it being enabled only once - looks like as long as there is headers file in VirtualVars directory, plugin will work. For me it's difference of 5 seconds with 1034 var files, so I don't suffer for not having it (but still it loads 33% faster).
Thanks for the information! Yes, I assumed the main case is with a default scene. I will investigate the problems without default scene and the session plugins.

Es gibt immer noch ein riesiges Problem, das überhaupt keinen Spaß mehr macht. Sie sagen, man muss alle Leute in eine Szene laden und erst dann den MMD-Player, weil es sonst immer alle Leute braucht, egal was ich mache, es braucht immer alle Leute und man kann mit at einfach keine Szene erstellen mindestens 2 Leute, weil der Spieler jedes Mal alle im Raum kontrolliert, ich bin so genervt, dass Sie wirklich keine Lust haben, zurückzukommen. Wie bekommt man dieses Problem gelöst?

zhfx updated Faster VaM with a new update entry:

FasterVaM 3.1.2 update

FasterVaM 3.1.2 Updates:

Fixed multiple issues with missing vars so the loading process gets more stable and robust.

Changed the loading process to a more transparent and safe one:

Once user activates the fasterVaM, the var files which are not used in the default/start scene are moved to a new folder "AddonPackagesAsync" and get loaded asynchoronously in background after the start scene is loaded. User can deactivate fasterVaM simply by moving these var files back to AddonPackages...

Read the rest of this update entry...

What if I never use the default scene and always load someone else's scene to view? Maybe this plugin isn't for me? I ask because after running Faster VaM, all of the scenes I downloaded disappear from the Scene Browser. If I want to use them, I have to put everything back in the addons folder... which is the same as not using Faster VaM at all I think? Unless I don't understand something??
Hi, currently it is not able to load vars on scene browser screen so you need to set a default/empty scene. If you want to stick to scene browser, unfortunately the vars have to be fully scanned and cannot be selectively loaded.

How do you uninstall this!? Textures on characters arent loading properly, missing scenes and freakin error reports everywhere now!

How do you uninstall this!? Textures on characters arent loading properly, missing scenes and freakin error reports everywhere now!
Hi, you can move the required var files back from AdoonPackagesAsync to AddonPackages to make it work again. But if you want to deactivate it, simply add the plugin once to scene, and switch the faster option off. If you want to remove it completely, simply remove the FasterVam dll from Scripts folder and the BepInx/plugins folder.

Hi, you can move the required var files back from AdoonPackagesAsync to AddonPackages to make it work again. But if you want to deactivate it, simply add the plugin once to scene, and switch the faster option off. If you want to remove it completely, simply remove the FasterVam dll from Scripts folder and the BepInx/plugins folder.
Ok cool.

zhfx updated Faster VaM(Hot-Load supported) with a new update entry:

FasterVaM 3.5.0 update

Hot loading of Var file

You can load var file from any folder of your computer(aslo outside of VaM game folder) without having to restart the game. This is useful especially when you have many files on other disks and you want to quickly open them on demand.

Optimizations

Further stablized the loading process, it also can load var files with bad names e.g. missing version numbers and so on. You can expect more var files loaded and fewer error messages in game if you have...

Hello, can you help me, please?
FasterVam is not working for me. when I select the plugin it gives me an error.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
Hello, can you help me, please?
FasterVam is not working for me. when I select the plugin it gives me an error.
please re-install it once by extracting files to game folder to overwrite.

zhfx updated Faster VaM(Hot-Load supported) with a new update entry:

3.5.2 Updates

FasterVaM in 3.5.2 pack:

An option to load var folders on demand from any location of computer without requiring restarting VaM, this is useful when you have many var files in a folder on other disks.

An option to reload all var files without requiring restarting VaM, this is useful when you have downloaded, moved or changed var files when VaM is running and you want to load them immediately into game without restarting.
View attachment 99185

After writing a quite enthusiastic review and using FasterVAM a couple of days more, i have to admit, that i need to readjust my review. Yes: FasterVAM accelerates the start of VAM extremely. After its start, it is necessary to open the default scene to start the load of the async folder. And here is, where the trouble starts. The async load is unfortunately very unrelieable. Yesterday evening it took me 4 tries (start vam, load default scene, wait, bear the flickerung screen, nothing - except the flickering happens for 10 Minutes - exit vam) until the async folder was actually loaded (even after a fresh start of my system). Before i write an updated review, i would like to know, if you got some hints, how to improve this. Thanks in advance.

After writing a quite enthusiastic review and using FasterVAM a couple of days more, i have to admit, that i need to readjust my review. Yes: FasterVAM accelerates the start of VAM extremely. After its start, it is necessary to open the default scene to start the load of the async folder. And here is, where the trouble starts. The async load is unfortunately very unrelieable. Yesterday evening it took me 4 tries (start vam, load default scene, wait, bear the flickerung screen, nothing - except the flickering happens for 10 Minutes - exit vam) until the async folder was actually loaded (even after a fresh start of my system). Before i write an updated review, i would like to know, if you got some hints, how to improve this. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I would like know whether this is happening all the time or seldomly once? Yes, when loading from background asynchronouly, it could happen the ui interaction is blocked for half a second several times. It should be possible to allow user to set the priority of async loading to improve this, I will investigate and try to improve.

Hi, I would like know whether this is happening all the time or seldomly once? Yes, when loading from background asynchronouly, it could happen the ui interaction is blocked for half a second several times. It should be possible to allow user to set the priority of async loading to improve this, I will investigate and try to improve.
Hi Zhfx, the behaviour, i described earlier, has increased to occur over several days - the day before yesterday, it has been the exception, that the async folder was loaded properly . Yesterday, i reinstalled VAM, looked at the error log and resolved all the issues, i could (as a non developer, like cleaning my addonpackages folder from dublicates). Since than it loads reliable. I will keep an eye on it and post it here, if it starts to happen again.

Back
Top Bottom