UIAssist (Patrons)

Paid Plugins UIAssist (Patrons)

#Bug
Adjusting joints hold spring doesn't seem to work when restart vam. It only works after the setting is completed and before restarting. The .uiap file doesn't seem to save these settings properly.
Operation: Node Control -> Toggle Node Physics -> Physics ON/OFF -> Modify holdPosition/Rotation -> Set to custom value...
When restart vam, those values will become "Do not modify".
These issues should be fixed in the new release.

JayJayWon updated UIAssist (Patrons) with a new update entry:

UIAssist v2.8 Update

• PATREONS ONLY: For all Preset loading, there are now two additional options to load a file based on the results of BrowserAssist filter. The file can be randomly selected or each button activation can cycle sequentially through the BrowserAssist filter results. The BrowserAssist filter parameters such as Tag and Creator can be used to refine the selected files. Requires at least BrowserAssist v1.10 to be loaded as a Session plugin.
  • New Button Operation to open the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

UIAssist v2.9 Update

• PATREONS ONLY: For all Preset loading, there is an additional option to chose a file by launching BrowserAssist. When the operation is triggered, a BrowserAssist window appears to filter and select a resource of the specific type. Requires at least BrowserAssist v1.11 to be loaded as a Session plugin.
  • Bug fix: Resolved issue causing a crash on uiap load where the 'SavePreset' toggle was true on an Empty button operation. This only occured where a button had...

UIAssist v2.10 Update

New Features:
  • UIAssist can now be docked to the main VAM UI in VR. I'd recommend trying this mode for VR usage, as I find it better than docking to the wrist. It's easy to seamlessly switch between the VAM UI, UIAssist and BrowserAssist (requires v1.11.4 or higher). Can be activated from VR Settings in the plugin UI.
  • An additional row of Quick Launch buttons can now be configured
  • Additional button operations to set the VAM Performance settings for enabling mirror reflections...

Couple questions about an otherwise perfect plugin. With how the "random from folder" works, if I have a folder with subfolders, will it pick 1 of the 4 subfolders randomly and then one of the files inside that folder randomly, or will it parse all of the files in the subfolders and then pic them randomly as if it were one big folder?

Also, in using uiassist to speed up model creation, are you able to add a button that has the functions underneath the reset morph area? I.e reset morph only, pose only, reset morphs <0.1 (is the one in particularly interested in) it helps to clean garbage morphs that may be stuck on a model without having to go in and change individually. Thanks again, you're awesome!

Couple questions about an otherwise perfect plugin. With how the "random from folder" works, if I have a folder with subfolders, will it pick 1 of the 4 subfolders randomly and then one of the files inside that folder randomly, or will it parse all of the files in the subfolders and then pic them randomly as if it were one big folder?

Also, in using uiassist to speed up model creation, are you able to add a button that has the functions underneath the reset morph area? I.e reset morph only, pose only, reset morphs <0.1 (is the one in particularly interested in) it helps to clean garbage morphs that may be stuck on a model without having to go in and change individually. Thanks again, you're awesome!
I think it parses all of the files in all of the subfolders and then picks randomly as if it were one big folder. I'll add your suggestion about Morph resetting to my list of things to look at. Thanks for the feedback

UIAssist v2.12.0 Update

This version provides a number of features related to the 'Real Clothing' toggle that was introduced in VAM 1.21 recently. In the lastest version of VAM, every clothing item now has a toggle on the standard VAM clothing Adjustments page to indicate if the clothing item is "Real". By default every clothing item is set to be "Real". The intention of the toggle is to differentiate clothing items that are not real such as Hunting-Succubus' Eye Shading clothing items. These items (although...

To modify the background image (thumbnail) of a single button, is there a specific requirement for the format and size of the thumbnail? Thanks.

To modify the background image (thumbnail) of a single button, is there a specific requirement for the format and size of the thumbnail? Thanks.
I'd expect it to work with jpg files. May work with other formats such as png. No specific size requirements that I'm aware of.

Hi @JayJayWon , thank you for another great plugin! I'm just having trouble figuring out one thing, how can I switch between the grids in desktop mode ? In VR I can see the arrows and that's perfect but there's no such thing in desktop mode and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

Thanks!

Hi @JayJayWon , thank you for another great plugin! I'm just having trouble figuring out one thing, how can I switch between the grids in desktop mode ? In VR I can see the arrows and that's perfect but there's no such thing in desktop mode and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

Thanks!
Should be the same, can you show me a screenshot?

Should be the same, can you show me a screenshot?

Blocked the thumbnails because I don't know if it would break any rules but I'm using 9x9 grid layout with mini button size and this is all I see in desktop mode. I'm running 2.12.1 patreon version but I've had this problem since forever with other versions, I only took the time to ask for help now. Clicking the "1" just sends it back to the clock and closes the UI.

Like I said before, in VR I see the arrows and can switch between grids just fine o_O
VaMUIAssist.png

Blocked the thumbnails because I don't know if it would break any rules but I'm using 9x9 grid layout with mini button size and this is all I see in desktop mode. I'm running 2.12.1 patreon version but I've had this problem since forever with other versions, I only took the time to ask for help now. Clicking the "1" just sends it back to the clock and closes the UI.

Like I said before, in VR I see the arrows and can switch between grids just fine o_O
View attachment 264450
You should definitely see the grid navigation buttons in Desktop, like this:
1688391297042.png

Are you using McGrubers PostMagic? Do you get any errors in the red error Log?

You should definitely see the grid navigation buttons in Desktop, like this:
View attachment 264538
Are you using McGrubers PostMagic? Do you get any errors in the red error Log?

Yea, that's what I see in VR but not desktop. I did have McGrubers PostMagic in my session plugins list but everything was disabled, removing it completely didn't change anything.

I do get a bunch of ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException errors on startup when loading the default scene (which is just something empty) but they are all about other vars (mostly McGrubers stuff). I also get this at the end of the log but I have no idea if it's relevant.

<Truncated>

!> Exception during LoadJSON: System.Exception: JSON Parse: Too many closing brackets
at SimpleJSON.JSONNode.Parse (System.String aJSON) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimpleJSON.JSON.Parse (System.String aJSON) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SuperController.LoadJSON (System.String saveName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Yea, that's what I see in VR but not desktop. I did have McGrubers PostMagic in my session plugins list but everything was disabled, removing it completely didn't change anything.

I do get a bunch of ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException errors on startup when loading the default scene (which is just something empty) but they are all about other vars (mostly McGrubers stuff). I also get this at the end of the log but I have no idea if it's relevant.

<Truncated>

!> Exception during LoadJSON: System.Exception: JSON Parse: Too many closing brackets
at SimpleJSON.JSONNode.Parse (System.String aJSON) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimpleJSON.JSON.Parse (System.String aJSON) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SuperController.LoadJSON (System.String saveName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
My suspicion is something odd in your setup is clashing with UIAssist. What version of VAM are you using? Any other session plugins running? I'd advise starting with a clean install of VAM and check you can get UIAssist and your profile running in that.

You really shouldnt be getting errors on startup (although missing dependencies are common). I'd work from a a clean install and migrate things piece by piece until you've worked out what's causing each error. Those LoadJSON errors dont look encouraging - but I'd expect it to say if they were being caused by UIAssist.

My suspicion is something odd in your setup is clashing with UIAssist. What version of VAM are you using? Any other session plugins running? I'd advise starting with a clean install of VAM and check you can get UIAssist and your profile running in that.

You really shouldnt be getting errors on startup (although missing dependencies are common). I'd work from a a clean install and migrate things piece by piece until you've worked out what's causing each error. Those LoadJSON errors dont look encouraging - but I'd expect it to say if they were being caused by UIAssist.

I figured it out!! The arrows were being hidden by the default desktop scale / offset in settings / game control UI. I had never touched that before, maybe it has something to do with my resolution being 3840x2160. Playing with the scale and offset sliders fixed it.

All good now, thanks!

I figured it out!! The arrows were being hidden by the default desktop scale / offset in settings / game control UI. I had never touched that before, maybe it has something to do with my resolution being 3840x2160. Playing with the scale and offset sliders fixed it.

All good now, thanks!
Ok great - glad its sorted. Bit strange that just the arrows were hidden. Its so hard to cater for all combinations of resolution and screen!

I'd expect it to work with jpg files. May work with other formats such as png. No specific size requirements that I'm aware of.
Thank you for your reply.
However, I have a serious and unresolvable problem: I copied the entire vam game directory to a removable SSD, opened the UI menu, and found that all the settings for the individual buttons (including appearance, functionality, etc.) are gone, except for the original button layout, which remains, even when loading the previously saved UI settings. I thought it was because I had customized the button background images, but now I have cleared them all to no avail. Even when I open the plugin and re-set the buttons, even the interface layout is misaligned and I can't click on the settings.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much! (The error screen is attached).

Attachments

• error log.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.png
    1.png
    309 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.png
    2.png
    359.9 KB · Views: 0
Thank you for your reply.
However, I have a serious and unresolvable problem: I copied the entire vam game directory to a removable SSD, opened the UI menu, and found that all the settings for the individual buttons (including appearance, functionality, etc.) are gone, except for the original button layout, which remains, even when loading the previously saved UI settings. I thought it was because I had customized the button background images, but now I have cleared them all to no avail. Even when I open the plugin and re-set the buttons, even the interface layout is misaligned and I can't click on the settings.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much! (The error screen is attached).
It sounds like something got corrupted on that copy to the SSD. Do you get any red error messages when you reload UIAssist - before you try doing anything? Can you also share your .uiap file with me. Also what exact version of UIAssist are you using.

Do you get any red error messages when you reload UIAssist - before you try doing anything? Can you also share your .uiap file with me. Also what exact version of UIAssist are you using.
Today I happened to add a new SSD to my motherboard, and I copied vam's entire game directory to that SSD as I did before. Once in the game, I clicked the icon in the bottom right corner to go to UIassist and still got the same error. So I removed the UIassist plugin from the scene presets and then re-added it, and I got the "red error messages" you mentioned, I've attached the txt file and the .uiap file I'm using, the version of UAassist is 2.5.0. I think, maybe it's just a change in the disk drive letter that causes the path to change and then the read fails?

Attachments

• 20230628.txt
    2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230628 uiap.txt
    80 KB · Views: 0
Today I happened to add a new SSD to my motherboard, and I copied vam's entire game directory to that SSD as I did before. Once in the game, I clicked the icon in the bottom right corner to go to UIassist and still got the same error. So I removed the UIassist plugin from the scene presets and then re-added it, and I got the "red error messages" you mentioned, I've attached the txt file and the .uiap file I'm using, the version of UAassist is 2.5.0. I think, maybe it's just a change in the disk drive letter that causes the path to change and then the read fails?
So if you open the .uiap file you will find 10 lines that look like this:

"customTextureURL" : "D:/Virt a mate/Virt_A_Mate/Saves/Logos_By_MCY/9gTM4q879a.jpg",

I guess that "D:/Virt a mate/Virt_A_Mate" was the old location of your VAM install. If you correct each of those entries to point to an image in your current VAM folder, then it should work.

I changed the "D" drive letter to the new disk drive letter and everything worked fine. The reality is that I have restored the images in this path to the default, so I am not actually using them, can I change the original to "customTextureURL" : ""

Back
Top Bottom