torso & limb vein textures (not normal maps) for decal?

ubermanhk

Banned User
Reactions
Hi all,
I'm trying to find a resource that has blue-ish veins for torso & limbs to be added/layered as part of a decal. I know there are a few normal/bump/height maps for veins floating around, but i'm really just looking to subtly incorporate a simple texture into the skin's appearance (like for cold skin, not nasty varicose... see attached pics). Can any good soul kindly point me in the right direction for this?
Many thanks!

Attachments

• veins5.jpg
    veins5.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
  • veins4.jpg
    veins4.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
  • veins3.jpg
    veins3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
  • veins2.jpg
    veins2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • veins1.jpg
    veins1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
and here's another (better?) image of the sort of effect I'd like to acheive:
veins.jpg

you can easily do it by editing the skin texture in photoshop or gimp by using images like this one (google veins transparent and check licenses of course)
69-695882_veins-png-blue-veins-png.png

just transform white to alpha and maybe cut just one and repeat it and resize it, maybe change blend type to Multiply or Soft Light for more natural blending and opacity down

I did something like that on one of riddler's skins but more subtle, you can see them if you zoom in around the breasts and inner thighs

TorsoD.jpg

vs original

TorsoD.jpg

here's a very quick one with more blood vessels, you can just drag it over the skin (body + limbs) and resize it. you'll have to add it lots of times for your desired effect

veins.png
veins_p.png

Back
Top Bottom