Unpack "included in VAM" textures?

CaveGentleman

Reactions
Hi ya'll:
I'd like to play with some of the skin textures that come with VAM but I cannot figure out how. Normally I just unpack the package that the textures come in, but that is not an option for skins included in VAM such as Janie, Evey, Lillith, etc. Any breadcrumbs/tips would be very much appreciated.
Best,
CaveGentleman

Hi, those texturs are not meant to be extracted, and therefore (almost) not accessible.
This is because they are copyright protected textures from DAZ3d.
Only the basic female texture is free to share.
You could use a Unity ripper tool with the game assets, but that would be illegal.
Or you might search for those Genesis 2 skins in some DAZ3d stores.

It would be great to know what the skins were called in the Daz store. As is, nothing comes up for "Janie" :-(

It would be great to know what the skins were called in the Daz store. As is, nothing comes up for "Janie" :-(
Janie and Evey are REN's looks/skins (patreon exclusive)
they are bundled inside vam, however textures are not visible/extracted for edit (same goes for all REN skins)

Lilith is from daz, i believe this one Lilith 6
all other skins (with base UV or custom example: Stephanie 6) are from daz

EDIT: ...after reading @TToby's reply
I checked on wiki and there is spreadsheet
(for every daz skin with corresponding daz store item, if you need textures for personal edits) ...lol

Last edited:

The DAZ Genesis 2 figure that VaM is using, is a somewhat old figure. Nearly 9 years old.
Therefore you have to dig a bit deeper.
To make things even more complicated, DAZ has established not only the different Genesis figures (Genesis 1,2,3 and 8), but it also has different sub-figures in every of those generations.
If you open up the build-in skin browser, you can read, below the skin name, to which of the Genesis 2 sub-figures (or better UV-maps) it is compatible.
This can give you a clue where to search. If the UV set is "Stephanie", then you have to search for skins made for the DAZ Genesis 2 Stephanie sub-figure.
This isn't all: The Genesis 2 premium model is called "Victoria 6".
If you read "Victoria 7" then it is Genesis 3 and not usable in VaM.
By the way, one of the build-in skins has even the UV maps for Genesis 1 (so those ancient skins are compatible, too).

You see, it is a little bit complicated. Lol.
We once had a list which skin was wich DAZ product... I don't know where it is gone.

Back
Top Bottom