• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Toggle UI (U) seems to dissapear sometimes upon loading scenes (Partially Solved: PostMagic maybe causing it)

poopsecks

Reactions
Toggle UI (U) seems to dissapear sometimes upon loading scenes for me. It is random when it occurs and happens once in a blue moon, but the UI seems to still be triggering as the the entire scene shifts to the right as if it is registering that the UI has been toggled "On" however it seems to not be there and I am unable to use anything in vam and must force close the app and restart it so I can see the UI again and use VAM.

I do however still see the bar below, and the F1 button toggle still works amd the "Tab" toggle still works as well:

I can't seem to replicate the issue as it happens randomly:
1718029367525.png

Last edited:
I've noticed this too. I see it if I play a scene that uses Body Language by @CheesyFX but then after that I go directly to a scene that does not use BL, this can happen. A simple workaround for me is to exit Vam after using any BL scene, rather than load some other scene. If It gets into this mode, I can't bring up the UI, but it's not guaranteed to do that.

This is a common issue regarding PostMagic. BodyLanguage is defeinitely not the cause, but FOM can be, as it uses the same system for the DoF as PostMagic, and PostMagic isn't removing it's stuff after the plugin is gone. So my guess is you used FOM DoF and switched to a scene using PostMagic or vice versa.
Pressing "m" 2 times can fix the issue.

This is a common issue regarding PostMagic. BodyLanguage is defeinitely not the cause, but FOM can be, as it uses the same system for the DoF as PostMagic, and PostMagic isn't removing it's stuff after the plugin is gone. So my guess is you used FOM DoF and switched to a scene using PostMagic or vice versa.
Pressing "m" 2 times can fix the issue.
What's FOM? I love BL, but I'm not a fan of PostMagic. I may just remove it from scenes I save locally.

What's FOM? I love BL, but I'm not a fan of PostMagic. I may just remove it from scenes I save locally.

Thank you! To you both. For helping to narrow it down! It looks like there maybe some plug-ins to help against this:

I will give this a try and set it as one of my default session plug-ins and hopefully that will resolve it.

Thank you! To you both. For helping to narrow it down! It looks like there maybe some plug-ins to help against this:

I will give this a try and set it as one of my default session plug-ins and hopefully that will resolve it.
No, this won't help. It just disables PostMagic. It's remnants will still be there until you restart VaM.

@poopsecks I know it's weird, but if you're reacting with a "sad" to my answer you're stating that you dislike the content of my post, giving me a negative reaction rating. You may not like what I've said, but I'm not responsible for it. In this case you should've rather reacted with a like because I clarified things for you.
This is how I think it works, at least. :)

@poopsecks I know it's weird, but if you're reacting with a "sad" to my answer you're stating that you dislike the content of my post, giving me a negative reaction rating. You may not like what I've said, but I'm not responsible for it. In this case you should've rather reacted with a like because I clarified things for you.
This is how I think it works, at least. :)

So sorry! I was unaware! I didn't mean it like that, thank you for letting me know. I changed it.

So sorry! I was unaware! I didn't mean it like that, thank you for letting me know. I changed it.
Thanks! Not that I'd care too much, but I though I'd let you know :)
The algorithm cannot decide if it's the things stated you don't like or the way they are stated.

I went to a couple of different scenes that used PM, then deleted it. When I went to save it, I got the save dialog, but the screenshot frame never appeared. It saved the scene and the screenshot OK, but then the UI wouldn't come back. I had to kill it from Task Manager. The scenes worked fine after I went back in. The m-m trick didn't help.

Back
Top Bottom