Fixed (FIXED in 1.22.0.1) UI Toggle Button Issues

LittleHorus

Reactions
To get a false value when unchecking the toggle box you have to uncheck it twice.

Is that intended or a mistake ?

Thank you for your hard work and great support.

Not able to replicate on UI Toggle atom. You will have to be more specific, or even better provide the most basic scene file you can that demonstrates the issue. Thanks

Not able to replicate on UI Toggle atom. You will have to be more specific, or even better provide the most basic scene file you can that demonstrates the issue. Thanks
I think it's the case of using ToggleOn vs on trigger.

When using on (either true or false) you hit UIToggle atom once to trigger it (doesn't matter if check or uncheck state).
With ToggleOn you have to press UIToggle twice (triggers only when checked).

EDIT: With "on" it cycles on single press (unchecked is opposite state) and "toggleOn" triggers only when checked.

EDIT2: (After checking back on 1.20.77.13) It appears that "toggleOn" used to work the same way as "on" (with single press).
I always use on trigger with UIToggle so I didn't noticed it.
But the way it works in 1.22 (bug or feature) it does give more options, when you think about it.
Either use on and trigger it always or use toggleOn and trigger it only once checked (otherwise use UIbutton or something with toggleOn).

Attached example scene:

Attachments

• 1677188187.json
    7.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hello !

As RandomVAMUSer posted above, I can confirm the issue

"Any toggle or just UI Toggle atom?"

Just UI Toggle Atom

"You will have to be more specific, or even better provide the most basic scene file you can that demonstrates the issue. Thanks"

1. Load New Scene Or New Empty Scene
2. Load a person atom
3. Load cycle force atom
Receiver Atom : Person
Receiver : pelvis
Force Factor: 400
4. Load UiToggle atom
5. Add Toggle Action
Receiver Atom : Cycle Force
Receiver : AtomControl
Receiver Target : ToggleOn
6. Check the toggle box
Pelvis is activate by Cycle Force
7. Uncheck the toggle box
Pelvis is still activate by Cycle Force
8. Check the toggle box
Cycle Force is Off
9. Uncheck the toggle box
Cycle Force is Off

The issue is in point 7 and 8
When unchecking the toggle box, Cycle Force should be Off and checking the toggle box in point 8, cycle force should be On

Unless it was intended to be like that in latest version.

EDIT2: (After checking back on 1.20.77.13) It appears that "toggleOn" used to work the same way as "on" (with single press).
I always use on trigger with UIToggle so I didn't noticed it.
But the way it works in 1.22 (bug or feature) it does give more options, when you think about it.
Either use on and trigger it always or use toggleOn and trigger it only once checked (otherwise use UIbutton or something with toggleOn).

I don't mind using it that way , Just wanted to know if it was Intended or if it was a bug

Ah yes I understand. This is actually similar to this other bug and the fix I made for it also fixes this issue:

In 1.22 I changed it so triggers playing in reverse no longer fired actions, but I have fixed it back so this new behavior is only for the scene and SubScene animation systems as that was the intent for the fix made in 1.22.

In this case "reverse" is when you uncheck the toggle box. In that case any action triggers (like ToggleOn) would not fire.

Back
Top Bottom