Not A Bug Hand tracking with Leap Motion not working in VAM 1.22.0.1

Ben-g Copper

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
linktr.ee
Twitter
Ben_g_CopperArt
I updated to this version 1.22.0.1 and found that Leap Motion finger tracking is not working even though I tried to enable user preferences.

Alright, I solved the problem myself. By uninstalling and reinstalling it entirely, Finger tracking is working again.
The latest version of GEMINI 5.7.2 is compatible with VAM.

Alright, I solved the problem myself. By uninstalling and reinstalling it entirely, Finger tracking is working again.
The latest version of GEMINI 5.7.2 is compatible with VAM.
I am having the same issue. Just to be clear - you reinstalled Leap Motion or VAM?

Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled/reinstalled Leap Motion but it didn’t fix my issue. I’m on Windows 11. I have one VAM folder running 1.20.10.77 and a duplicate VAM folder that I upgraded to 1.22.0.1. Leap Motion always works on the 1.20 version and never on the 1.22 version.

When I uninstalled Leap this included the tracking software and the driver entry in the Device Manager. I rebooted my pc and before reinstalling the tracking SW ( Ultraleap_Tracking _Installer_5.7.2+2022.09.15), I noted that the “Leap Motion Controller” was auto detected in the Device manager under “Cameras” and given a Windows driver (10.0.22621.608 dated 6/21/2006) - which I think is what it’s had all along. I then ran the 5.7.2 installer which completed successfully but nothing changed - Leap Motion will work in the 1.20 version but not the 1.22 version. I tried the uninstall/reinstall several times with some variations thrown in but I can’t get LM to work on 1.22.0.1.

1.22 added a new user preference where you must enable Leap Motion. Make sure this is checked. The reason this was added is the Leap Motion driver can hang the application if VaM is firewalled and prevented from talking to the Leap process. This was mentioned in the release notes but I know it was easy to miss.

Added user preference to enable Leap Motion system. Note this preference is off by default to try to fix issue when VaM is firewalled which makes the plugin consume a lot of system resources. This option also allows those with Leap to disable it in a manner that is remembered on reload.

1678476749975.png

1.22 added a new user preference where you must enable Leap Motion. Make sure this is checked. The reason this was added is the Leap Motion driver can hang the application if VaM is firewalled and prevented from talking to the Leap process. This was mentioned in the release notes but I know it was easy to miss.

View attachment 221500
Bingo!

I have committed a cardinal sin and deserve to hear the dreaded phrase “RTFM!”. So thank you as that was indeed the issue. Though perhaps my example will save others the same shame and embarrassment that I now feel. :)

Cheers!

View attachment 221500
ohhhhhhhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom