Fixed (FIXED in 1.22.0.2 - added user preference) Errors pop open UI automatically

huiyu914

Reactions
Twitter
huiyu9144
In the new version, when there is an error message, the ui menu will be opened automatically, but not in the old version, which will affect the game
😀

This is intentional and is not a bug. Without this, user is unaware of errors that are breaking the scene.
can it setting ? i play in VR , when load preset , UI will pop up. i don't care error message , i already know It exists , but i only want to play. don't want to know it and solve it (also when i play, i have no time to solve~)

love VAM so much! Expect 2. x;)

This is intentional and is not a bug. Without this, user is unaware of errors that are breaking the scene.

I'll agree this is pretty annoying. I have plugins that log things to the error log as warnings or general logs, which was never a problem before. Other plugins log errors but still work. Now the UI is popping up randomly in VR for no good reason.

I'll look into adding a user preference. I considered it a bug that errors were sometimes being quietly reported, so I fixed that in the last release which is what you are seeing.

Holyshit i posted the exact same thing few days ago, so others are too facing this annoying problem, i downgraded my version to old and i knew that it was not a bug but was intentional by reading the patch notes, but now that @meshedvr has been informed of this, i can now certainly relax and hope he adds the setting for it to turn it on or off for those who don't want that. Till then will use previous version of VAM.

I'll look into adding a user preference. I considered it a bug that errors were sometimes being quietly reported, so I fixed that in the last release which is what you are seeing.
I understand your idea very much, thank you for thinking so hard, like the new version iteration very much, and look forward to 2. x hahaha ;)

Changelog (just in case for readers that don't check patch notes):
· Error messages produced when Top Menu UI is open are now displayed after Top Menu UI is closed instead of being quietly hidden.

After quick test and comparison with 1.20:
This change affects only error log, message log doesn't appear to pop-up while UI is closed.
So creators that wants to keep general logs or whatever can still use message log for it. No? 🤔

Personally I would leave error log as it is now, to push creators to create more optimized looks/scenes and packages. :devilish:
Additional toggle is fine, but I would still leave pop-up on by default.

thanks ! i see the 1.22.0.2 Patch Released it fixed this issue! very good !

• Added user preference to set if errors pop open the UI or not (found on User Preferences Misc tab).

tks!

Back
Top Bottom