Fixed (FIXED in 1.22.0.2) Subscene Auto-Set UID setting isn't saved

Spacedog

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
Spacedogvam
I know this isn't likely to get fixed but just in case you find it in your heart to do one last update to 1.x 🙏

The Auto set UID option in Subscenes doesn't save so it works fine until you save and reload a scene that is loading 2 different Subscene UIDs, e.g. UI and Actors, they get auto renamed and the paths get messed up.

This basically kills my attempts to move to subscenes, there seems to be no way around it.

1615741817005.png

Auto-Set UID is supposed to only be for when you use the "Load Existing..." button and browser. When you have it on it should set the Atom UID to match the SubScene Signature.

During normal scene load, the UID should just be set to what is in the scene file itself. You can always manually change the UID by clicking the text and renaming the atom manually.

So I am not understanding the issue you are reporting.

Oh I see - calling a SubScene load with a trigger causes the atom to be renamed. That is a bug. That option was only supposed to affect manual load, not trigger load.

I have this fixed in upcoming release. The fix is to make it so that toggle only changes the Atom UID if you are manually loading using the browser. The trigger part is what I fixed. It was not supposed to change atom UID on trigger subscene load from path.

Back
Top Bottom