Fixed (FIXED in 1.22.0.1) Plugin Triggers under "Start Actions" of a AnimationPattern do no function when played in Reverse. (v1.22)

3rdStoryline

Reactions
So far every plugin I've tried that has Trigger features that can be used under "Start Actions" of a AnimationPattern, do not trigger when the animation pattern is played in reverse (ie. a Negative Animation Speed, -1.000)

For a quick example: If I were to make an AnimationPattern with two steps, Loop turned off, and Auto play turned off. And then add a basic Pump Plugin (ie. Pimped Pump Trigger by dub) and Set a Pump Once as a Start Action at 0.10 of Current Position of the AnimationPattern, After initially telling to Pump Once manually, it should continue to pump itself everytime the Animation comes back to 0.10. This functioned correctly in previous versions. -- Even just setting Animation Speed to -1.000 and then adding any Plugin related Trigger as a Start Action, does not cause the trigger to occur. It will only do so when Played with a positive Animation Speed Value. -- However, things like changing a Light color on Start Action, appears to work when played in reverse. It just seems to be plugin related triggers.

Last edited:
I changed the behavior so actions are not fired when playing in reverse. This is what is desired for scene and SubScene animation system since there is no reverse playback meant to be used there. I can see this was incorrect for AnimationPattern though. Sometimes you want it to play in reverse (using negative speed, manual control of time, or triggered control of time in reverse). So I have put in a fix for 1.22.0.1 that will make it so AnimationPattern will revert to the previous behavior and only scene and SubScene animation will get the new behavior.

Note if you use audio actions, even before this change, the reverse action for them is to Stop playback. I'm not changing that.

I changed the behavior so actions are not fired when playing in reverse. This is what is desired for scene and SubScene animation system since there is no reverse playback meant to be used there. I can see this was incorrect for AnimationPattern though. Sometimes you want it to play in reverse (using negative speed, manual control of time, or triggered control of time in reverse). So I have put in a fix for 1.22.0.1 that will make it so AnimationPattern will revert to the previous behavior and only scene and SubScene animation will get the new behavior.

Note if you use audio actions, even before this change, the reverse action for them is to Stop playback. I'm not changing that.
Thank you! I've used reverse actions with AnimationPatterns since I first started using VaM a couple years ago. This is much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom