The VAMMYs!!!!

VAMIC

Reactions
WELCOME TO THE VAMMYs!!!!

Venus_Award_Trophies.jpg

I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the great work of our creators by offering my take on some of the great work that's been contributed to VAM in 2022.

NOTE: The VAMMYs are in no way connected with VAM, The Virtamate Hub, MeshedVR or any other individuals connected to this website. These are just my own opinions which are hopefully useful to people who are newer to the application and Hub since 2022. If for some reason you aren't, in my opinion, you should absolutely be aware of these excellent creators and the resources they make that comprise the great scenes we all enjoy. I made these selections based on a combination of how useful they've personally been to me and how much broad appeal they've had for use across the Hub. If you have others you want to spotlight, please feel free to do so in the discussion.

RULES:
1) All selections original upload date was in the calendar year 2022. While there were some excellent, game changing updates to several resources this year, I am focusing narrowly on the items that were uploaded to the Hub in 2022. Because I am relying on the Hub, there may be some creations that were uploaded to Reddit or Patreon sometime prior, but I'm not as steeped in the history of resources, so had to go with one primary centralized source that reliably records dates.

2) All choices were Hub Hosted or were uploaded to the Hub as FREE resources. Although there are wonderful resources off Hub that cost money, not everyone has the funds or willigness to pay for those. What I've selected is from the FREE resources available via the Virtamate Hub only.

3) The categories are based on the Assets, Clothing, Plugins, Textures, Morphs, and Pose Presets that make VAM function. Scenes and Looks/Appearances get all the love, but without the Assets, the scenes would be bare; without the Clothing, we'd have only nude bodies (which some may prefer); without the Textures, we'd have cartoonish looking figures that look like they belong on a Sega Dreamcast; without the Plugins, we'd all be looking at stiff dolls who did little that was interesting and we probably would have moved on from this app long ago. Without Morphs, customizing characters would be a nightmare. Without Pose Presets, we'd be at the mercy of doing our own makeshift mocaps or having to learn anatomy to get our characters into useful postures. These resources are the guts of VAM while the looks and scenes are its product. I skipped hair because it was just too much

So, having said all that, let's move to our winners!

The Categories
:

Asset Creator of the Year
Asset of the Year
Clothing Creator of the Year
Clothing of the Year
Plugin Creator of the Year
Plugin of the Year
Texture Creator of the Year
Morph Creator of the Year
Pose Preset Creator of the Year
Lifetime Achievement Award

Asset Creator of the Year

@SuperSamoth

SuperSamoth has been around for awhile, but in the last quarter of 2022, this poster went on a rampage! Dreadnought class battleships, classic works of art, weapons, vehicles, buildings, caves, wings, if you need it, SuperSamoth has probably ported it. While there are many other great creators importing or creating assets, SuperSamoth conquered this category with sheer volume of quality assets. These uploads are already being used in scenes every day and probably will be for as long as VAM exists. Incredible output at the tail end of the year to take this category.

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/authors/supersamoth.16894/

Honorable Mentions: @Farger @Matt Richard @neci @ZRSX @VamTastic @AXnop.732 @hazmhox @Orpheaned @Sharr

Some of these posters are already legends, but weren't as active this year. Others came on strong just a little too late to win this category, but are making incredible assets seemingly every other day in 2023 (shout out to @Farger). I enjoyed all of their assets and recommend you check them out.

Asset of the Year

@AXnop.732 Animated People

There were many great assets this year, but early in 2022, Xnop's quantity of Animated People has brought scenes to life in a way that the memory limits of VAM just don't allow if you were using regular person atoms. Thanks to xnop, if you want a crowd standing around cheering your characters banging away like their hearts would explode if their heartrate went below a certain level, now you can have that! There were literally hundreds of these figures imported into VAM by xnop and if you're unfamiliar with them, you should get familiar with them.

Animated People

Clothing Creator of the Year

@qingfeng141

This was a tough category and could have easily gone to some of the people in the honorable mention category. I chose Qingfeng141 because the clothing we saw come out of this poster was just fun and cool to look at and also easy to modify, which is an overlooked characteristic of a lot of clothing. Many outfits came in pieces meaning each set of clothing had a lot of smaller parts that could be used to make other outfits. This was a tight competition, but in my view, qingfeng141 gave us the most quality drip.

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources...or_id=4713&order=resource_date&direction=desc

Honorable Mention: @VirtaArtieMitchel @abjohn @huaQ @Sharr

All of these creators also created great stuff this year. I'm very biased to making superhero stuff, so VirtaArtieMitchel's stuff was crucial to me. abjohn created some of the most beautiful costumes this year that I'd love to actually see turned into a fall fashion line. If we were rating on most ready for Fashion Week alone, abjohn is climbing up the food chain. HuaQ and Sharr both gave us incredible offerings this year, but not quite as many as I would've liked. Still, all four of these creators and the winner should be in your AddOnPackages folder.

Clothing of the Year

@DemonLord Capes

Not everyone may agree with me, but everyone simply needs a cape. I'm shocked there wasn't a good cape set in VAM before this upload, but the large collection of capes DemonLord uploaded have been used in a lot of scenes and have been personally used by me many many times. If you have no use for capes, you may be wondering why I'd pick this, but if you do, you know you need this and love that it's in VAM, even though you have to play with collisions a bit sometimes to keep the cape where you want it.

Honorable Mention: Glasses as Clothing by @mopedlampe

While in some ways using glasses as an asset can be more user friendly, particularly in possession, glasses as clothing is a no brainer and this was a very close contest. Really either creator could have won this one, but I went with capes because some glasses don't sit on every character properly, which is probably an impossible task. You absolutely need this in your collection.

Plugin Creator of the Year

@SPQR

When I first joined the Hub, SPQR's plugins were mostly head scratchers to me. I often didn't understand the use cases for them and mostly just kept scrolling through the day's new releases. Now that I'm a little better at VAM, I see there are so many little things that SPQR's plugins make easier. From being able to get touch feedback using plugins like Haptics to dealing with the Oculus Quest's persistent controller deadzone issues (better solved by using Contact Cleaner), there are just crucial problems SPQR keeps solving. YAAP is a weirdly named plugin that you don't even know you need! SPQR's premium Patreon content shows the continued progress on some game changing projects Alive, which we've also gotten free past versions of. It's definitely worth subscribing because we know this man HATES pirates. Creators like MacGruber and AcidBubbles are undeniably on the Mount Rushmore of VAM, but SPQR deserves a spot up there too.

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/authors/spqr.24776/

Honorable Mention:

@ky1001 and @PluginIdea Some excellent pose and morph altering tools from the always excellent ky1001 are worth your attention as were several tools made by PluginIdea, who always takes feedback to make the tools released on the Hub as usable as possible. Check out HandleCam and Context Menu especially.

Plugin of the Year

MetaChat by @MetaChat

This one was a no brainer. While there were a lot of great plugins this year, especially from the folks mentioned above, the one with the most game changing potential for VAM as an application is MetaChat. Adding social features to VAM has all sorts of implications and dreaming that it could someday be a competitor to the likes of VRChat or other apps means the sky is the limit on creative possibilities for a would be metaverse. VAM is a very powerful app for far more than sex, even though it's primarily used for sex now. MetaChat promises to unlock a lot of these capabilities and has had a very responsive creator making it functional. It seems like some kind of analogous function should be built in to VAM 2.0 though I'm not sure what that would take. I know this kind of breaks my rule because a portion of the sign-up for this is off Hub, but it's about 95% on the Hub so I say it counts.

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/metachat.22433/

Honorable Mention: Haptics by @SPQR, ContexMenu by @PluginIdea

These honorable mention plugins added something new to VAM that really changed the experience. Haptics allows you to feel something in this app, which some of you may desperately need. The third really makes VAM a lot easier to navigate when you can get everything figured out and working properly. Both very much worth having.

Texture Creator of the Year

@Riddler

If you aren't using Riddler's textures, what are you waiting for? Seriously. Most of the best looks on the Hub rely on Riddler textures. There are other greats, but with a slew of 4K and 8K textures that look more and more realistic with every iteration, Riddler is easily the champ.

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/authors/riddler.6582/

Honorable mention: @RenVR @epi.noah @esingex

RenVR is an all time great in the skins department. Half the looks in your collection probably have a RenVR texture if they're any good. epi.Noah came on strong in the latter portion of the year and has continued improving on a whole host of resources with amazingly realistic textures on all looks. Both of these two should be in your collection. Props also to esingex for giving us some much needed high quality darker skin tones, though I wish there were more in the free category.

Morph Creator of the Year

@AshAuryn

AshAuryn's facial morphs have really added a lot of character to a lot of my scenes and have certainly been featured in a lot of scenes on the Hub. There are a lot of great morphs, definitely too many to sift through in an orderly fashion, but AshAuryn consistently delivers quality morphs that work on a variety of face shapes and sizes. So much of the character of looks comes from this creator's works.

Honorable mention: @bigcsar

Because thick thighs save lives.

Pose Preset Creator of the Year

@Luminestrial

This was surprisingly the toughest category of the year. I went back and forth over which one to pick many times, but finally settled on Luminestrial because I think it's crucial for a great Pose Preset creator to make sexual and non-sexual poses to accommodate the versatility of VAM. Several of the competitors did this as well, but Luminestrial had the best mix in my opinion.

Honorable Mention: @guru33 @klphgz @haizwop 1 @aracon @AshAuryn

One thing to note about this category is some creators make scenes that have a lot of pose presets, but you don't necessarily look for them that way because you don't download them from the Hub that way. The creators above all had incredible poses. Guru33's contributions make a whole set of kinks viable. Most of the poses in everyone's collection are the result of klphgz's work, but there was a little less of it this past year. The work from haizwop makes so many things like fighting, walking and running possible making these poses among my most used. Aracon gave us some much needed male poses which I personally use a lot. AshAuryn had some great poses to go along with those excellent morphs that absolutely should be in your collection if you want to make great scenes. Incredibly competitive category!

Lifetime Achievement Award

@MacGruber and @Acid Bubbles

I've already mentioned these two and almost no user of VAM hasn't encountered their incredible plugins. Sadly MacGruber is no longer active, which is a devastating loss for the community, but he still pops up from time to time thankfully to share his insights. AcidBubbles Timeline alone is responsible for so many scenes currently in VAM that it's hard to imagine what it was like before it existed. These two should absolutely be our first inductees to the VAMMY Hall of Fame.

So that concludes our night! Congratulations to all the winners! I will feature some photos from the ceremony a little later. I wish I could give all the winners more than my gratitude, but we're in a global recession right now, so that's the best I can do. Happy VAMing in 2023 and, as always, I look forward to seeing what the community will produce. For those of you making premium content, I wish you luck, but remember to throw a few freebies in here and there so everyone can see what you're up to! For those who didn't make the cut, there's always next year!

Also, I don't spend all my time on here so there may very well be great works that I missed. Feel free to mention them in the discussion. For noobs who are trying to figure out what essentials they need, I hope this will be useful and for creators who sometimes feel like they're not appreciated enough, know that I appreciate everything you do not just for the sex stuff, but how you're pushing the limits of what kind of creativity is possible in this burgeoning virtual reality space. Congratulations to all!

Last edited:
Great post love the idea, thank you mate ! And cheers to all the VaM contributors for all the great stuff !

Thank you for the work that you put into this, your name is fitting, you are a writer for sure. I appreciate the shout out.

Great selection!
Having tried to create content myself and failed, I know how hard every creator must have worked on their creations, and they all willing to sharing them for free. I LOVE YOU ALL, whether is mentioned on this list or not.

I agree this is a great idea, and you are spot on, on your selections. I would like to nominate a Look-A-Likes honorable mention: Karmageddonvam: with top notch presentations of a number of Actresses, Royals, various Ethinic Looks and more. A real artist. A beauty pageant would be cool, especially if we could vote on our favorite looks.

Maybe next time add a category for Mocap Animation. I know that it is not easy. Shout out to ReignMocap, for a ton of first rate animation, and a chunk of it free! Pretty sure this creator has been around a while, and has about 63 free resources on the hub, about half being Mocap. Some as good, if not better than anything else I have seen.

Maybe next time add a category for Mocap Animation. I know that it is not easy. Shout out to ReignMocap, for a ton of first rate animation, and a chunk of it free! Pretty sure this creator has been around a while, and has about 63 free resources on the hub, about half being Mocap. Some as good, if not better than anything else I have seen.
This is a great idea. I know @KittyMocap and @ReignMocap both do excellent work in this area, but it's hard to know the full breadth of Mocap on the hub because some creators do it, but don't label it as such. Both Kitty and Reign however are excellent!

Similarly, I overlooked hair because it was just a bit too much work to research and I already feel bad about it considering how much great work creators have done. Shout out to @Watto for example for a lot of hard work on this front. I'm partial to curly and kinky hair, which there's so little of on the Hub, so I'm saving this award for the virtuoso who does a curly or kinky mega hair pack.

This is a great idea. I know @KittyMocap and @ReignMocap both do excellent work in this area, but it's hard to know the full breadth of Mocap on the hub because some creators do it, but don't label it as such. Both Kitty and Reign however are excellent!

Similarly, I overlooked hair because it was just a bit too much work to research and I already feel bad about it considering how much great work creators have done. Shout out to @Watto for example for a lot of hard work on this front. I'm partial to curly and kinky hair, which there's so little of on the Hub, so I'm saving this award for the virtuoso who does a curly or kinky mega hair pack.
You are correct, Kitty is very good as well, and I have supported her on Patreon as well in the past. I have to cycle around as I am on budget, as we all are. There is so much good stuff here on the HUB!

I mean if you didn't mention us in the original post it kind of diminishes the praise but thanks anyway :)

Thank you! I appreciate it. :) And yes. I've been around for a while now :)

I hope this helped creators feel appreciated. This post was sort of a sequel to the guide I made really to help noobs find their way through VAM. There is a lot to learn and it's overwhelming, but learning the guts of VAM and using the resources of creators who are putting out quality stuff can help in learning how to appreciate what's really being built here. For anyone who's just starting out, the key to VAM is actually that it's a community and the main way you get to know what's going on is by getting to know people's names and what kind of work they specialize in. The communitarian ethic that undergirds the creation of looks and scenes is an excellent model of how a metaverse should function rather than a lot of what's being pitched to us by corporate salesmen. That people put the work they do into their stuff just for the sake of sharing gives me hope in a world that over-emphasizes division. For any interested noobs who are looking for other tips on how to make things work, I highly recommend the wiki and also the excellent FAQ thread by @atani as well as my own guide here where I mention some other useful links. I look forward to someone doing a sequel to this thread (the Voscars?) where they spotlight looks, scenes, hair, animations, Mocaps, and even one that includes or specializes in premium content. Happy VAMing to all and remember, it's more than a sex app!

I would give the first place in the category "plugins" to @hazmhox for its VAMStory and VAMmoan...

Haha, thank you. But I kinda like being in the shadows :p
Also, I'm working closely with the dev team since a while now, so I prefer to simply be taken out of the pool to avoid any drama.
Thank you for the honorable mention tho.

Haha, thank you. But I kinda like being in the shadows :p
Also, I'm working closely with the dev team since a while now, so I prefer to simply be taken out of the pool to avoid any drama.
Thank you for the honorable mention tho.
Your work is fantastic. VAMStory was in early 2023 which is the only reason it didn't make the cut and VAMMoan was older. Yours were among the first 10 scenes I downloaded on the hub and in my view you're one of the all time greats.

Back
Top Bottom