Question Suddenly unable to view nodes

karma827

Reactions
Hello, I've been using VAM for a brief amount of time now (still in my first month), but so far VAM has been pretty consistent and when I've had trouble, it's been easy-enough to figure out what I've done to cause that trouble, so that I've been able to backtrack in some way to undo the majority of the issues I've created for myself; however, I seem to have recently created an issue that my usual tactics are not letting me undo/ resolve. I've tried searching the forums here, and the internet in general, to no avail, unfortunately, and I'm hoping that someone here may have some experience that would help me.

The issue I've caused myself is: In PC-mode, I am no longer able to see the control nodes of any atoms in a scene I created and have been tinkering around with. I used to see the nodes "normally", though often enough they'd be toggled off, and I'd have to press T to re-activate their visibility, which is no big deal and is something I'm familiar with. But I've tried T (toggle targets), I've tried the Crosshairs icon to show/hide inactive nodes. I can see the connecting lines between physically-linked nodes, and the link will toggle on/off as I'm pressing T, but the actual nodes simply refuse to cooperate with becoming visible. I feel like I've run out of things to try to solve the mystery I've afflicted myself with, and would appreciate any constructive ideas for next steps I might take toward bringing them back.

Summary info I hope will be helpful:
- This seems to only be affecting the one scene I created; and up until a few days ago, I felt that the nodes were appearing normally as expected. This is definitely a "new behavior" of my scene, and I'm pretty confident it's something I've done even though I can't find a corresponding setting to "fix".
- This is only happening when I launch the scene in PC-mode. When I load up the same save in VR mode, the nodes promptly appear normally, following the normal VR behavior to trigger their appearance.
- I do notice that when I pull up the menu to change scenes but haven't actually clicked on a different scene yet (so my scene is in the background), the nodes appear in their appropriate locations. However, cancelling out of the scene selection menu doesn't restore the nodes- instead they go back to being invisible again.
- As far as I can see, it appears that all atoms that should be visible are correctly visible

Being new, I'm not too sure if there is additional information that would be helpful for me to share, so please let me know if there is anything else that would be useful to your kind act of saving me from myself. Thanks in advance for your time and your insight(s). I greatly appreciate it!

Warm regards,
If you alt+tab to Windows sometimes the keybinds (T for example) stop working. Try pressing the button to show targets in the grey UI bar to see if they show.

Upvote 0
If you alt+tab to Windows sometimes the keybinds (T for example) stop working. Try pressing the button to show targets in the grey UI bar to see if they show.

But I've tried T (toggle targets), I've tried the Crosshairs icon to show/hide inactive nodes. I can see the connecting lines between physically-linked nodes, and the link will toggle on/off as I'm pressing T, but the actual nodes simply refuse to cooperate with becoming visible.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried the hide/show targets button, along with toggling Targets again (which does visibly toggle the connecting lines between physically connected parts of atoms). I've restarted the game client as well, as this started a couple days ago. I've rebooted my computer at least once since I noticed this was happening, and none of these actions produced any change in what I was observing.

Upvote 0
All I can offer at this point is to open that scene in my PC and check if I can see the nodes, if you're willing to send it.

Upvote 0
i had a similar issue a while ago and it was due to one of the post effects plug-in, if you're running one, try disabling it and see if it fixes it

Upvote 0
I had similar problems. All nodes disappeared. Moving the viewing angle revealed that they sometimes appear - in a certain viewing angle - but moving my position a little bit made them invisible again.
I also only encountered this behavior during the creation of my own scenes. It MAY be related to the lighting, or to the plugins mentioned above. My only solution was to load an older scene - with working nodes - and to continue there again.

Upvote 0
For those still interested in the solution, I found that TiSebs great Colorcorrect asset was responsible for this. Just delete the asset, select some other atoms, press T, soon you will see all nodes again. After this, you can add Colorcorrect again.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom