Question Too many files in Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs

SlimerJSpud

Reactions
I've read through some of the threads on the topic of morph bloat. Currently, I have 10,000 files in Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Female! What I want to know is, where do these files come from? Does Vam make a copy of morphs locally whenever Preload Morphs is checked on a var package, like it's a morph cache? I know where some of these files came from, I created them for some of the looks I posted. Some of them I recognize as coming from a specific creator, some I tracked down. Some, I have no clue. But 10,000 files??? What happens if I delete all of them, does that break things, or will Vam just cache them in there again as needed?

I downloaded Morphology, but I haven't tried it yet.

I don't have an answer to your question but I don't see any morphs files from var packages in my Custom folder. Whatever morphs there are are the ones I have put there on my own volition.

Upvote 0
A lot of these files have the prefix AA, and have references to @AshAuryn like Pose/Head/Expressions/AshAuryn/Sex. Some of them are in groups Pose/Head/Expressions/Tools.

Upvote 0
A vanilla VaM has no morphs in the Custom/Atom/Person/.../ folders. You must have extracted them from a VAR at some point.

Upvote 0
A vanilla VaM has no morphs in the Custom/Atom/Person/.../ folders. You must have extracted them from a VAR at some point.
A clean install has nothing in there. Vars that have morphs included have them in their own structure. I have unzipped vars, but to a separate folder, which I renamed to have the .var extension. These all have their own Custom/Atom/Person/ folders separate from the main Vam. I did not put 10,000 files in there on purpose.

Upvote 0
Then maybe I'm not understanding your question or doubt.
If a clean VaM doesn't include morphs in Custom/... but you have them nonetheless, then only you could have done that or you used somekind of tool that did it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom