• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Too many files in Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs

SlimerJSpud

Reactions
I've read through some of the threads on the topic of morph bloat. Currently, I have 10,000 files in Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Female! What I want to know is, where do these files come from? Does Vam make a copy of morphs locally whenever Preload Morphs is checked on a var package, like it's a morph cache? I know where some of these files came from, I created them for some of the looks I posted. Some of them I recognize as coming from a specific creator, some I tracked down. Some, I have no clue. But 10,000 files??? What happens if I delete all of them, does that break things, or will Vam just cache them in there again as needed?

I downloaded Morphology, but I haven't tried it yet.

I don't have an answer to your question but I don't see any morphs files from var packages in my Custom folder. Whatever morphs there are are the ones I have put there on my own volition.

Upvote 0
A lot of these files have the prefix AA, and have references to @AshAuryn like Pose/Head/Expressions/AshAuryn/Sex. Some of them are in groups Pose/Head/Expressions/Tools.

Upvote 0
A vanilla VaM has no morphs in the Custom/Atom/Person/.../ folders. You must have extracted them from a VAR at some point.

Upvote 0
A vanilla VaM has no morphs in the Custom/Atom/Person/.../ folders. You must have extracted them from a VAR at some point.
A clean install has nothing in there. Vars that have morphs included have them in their own structure. I have unzipped vars, but to a separate folder, which I renamed to have the .var extension. These all have their own Custom/Atom/Person/ folders separate from the main Vam. I did not put 10,000 files in there on purpose.

Upvote 0
Then maybe I'm not understanding your question or doubt.
If a clean VaM doesn't include morphs in Custom/... but you have them nonetheless, then only you could have done that or you used somekind of tool that did it.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom