Question Keep Atom (root node) in place when resetting / changing pose?

BStarG2

Reactions
Is there any way to 'force lock' a root node in place (where the character Atom happens to be when I want such an effect in a scene)?

I'm asking this because if I change the character's pose, or reset a pose, the root node goes back to its default position (assuming I think that it's the position in coordinates that the author had the character at, in the original scene when the author made the pose). The problem with this default 're-positioning' behavior with the Root node is that - in some scenes - the Environment isn't the same (obviously) as the original scene, and there's VERY high chances of sudden body Collisions as the Atom travels to its default position, and sometimes creates Physics Explosions in the process sending the Atom into the 11th dimension (or downright crashing VAM).

I know I can 'lock' character Nodes from being Rotated, and I can also lock node placement of body limbs for example. But the actual Root node position seems to be an exception to that, unless I missed it. I'd like to know then if there's any workaround to 'force' a Root node to NOT move at all and the Atom would stay 'in place' even if I changed the Pose (or reset it).

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom