• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Leeway when selecting a node in desktop

Wendy Z

Reactions
I am a desktop user exclusively, and haven't mess with the setting yet, as shown in the pic the leeway margin for selecting a node with mouse is waaaaaay too huge(i assume thats saved for VR user? i dont really know), and when atoms and stuff are packed somewhat close to each other its a huge headache to select any one of them precisely, is there a setting in the engine that could tweak this?
1715828648154.jpeg

Well, when that happens, after some choice language, I just select nodes from the select menu. It works.

Upvote 0
You can use my PowerHandles plugin (part of Essentials) for smaller visual icons, which definitly does help in situations with lots of objects in a small space. I usually work with just 30% icon size, just use the slider in the plugins settings. However, it does not change the size of the collider used for selecting.

What you can do though:
  • Hovering your mouse cursor over a group of objects. The object you are about to select if you would click is highlighted in yellow and also the name is writen on the bottom UI bar. You can press C repeatedly to cycle through the group of objects. Click once yellow highlight and displayed name match what you wanna select.
  • You can also click multiple times while not moving the mouse. That also cycles through the nearby objects.
  • You can set objects you don't need to interact with or don't want to interact with accidentally as "hidden". There is a check box "Hidden" at the top of the "Control" tab of each atom (except Persons). In the Select menu there is a checkbox to show/hide atoms marked as hidden. You can also press H to toggle that checkbox from anywhere.
  • And of course, as SlimerJSpud said, you can use the Select menu and select from the list. It also has a filter field at the top, you can search by name.

Upvote 1
Back
Top Bottom