Question C Hotkey Does Not Select Node for Editing

el_gallo

Reactions
I am trying to change a vamX pose of a male to not have his back arched all crazy. I just want to select his hip and/or pelvis bone and rotate it to a neutral position. However, this being vamX, his pelvis area is surrounded by crazy widgets and I can't click on all of them no matter what angle I twist my camera (screenshot of situation attached).

I would prefer to just be able to select his hip / pelvis control from a textual list and have it selected in the scene.

If there is no way for me to do that, I guess the next runner up is having the C hotkey actually select the node for editing.

You can see even in the video link where the guy suggests the hotkey, it isn't actually selecting anything! What is the point of just lighting up the nodes if it doesn't select the one you stop on? Is there a way to make VAM activate the control pane for the currently yellow node?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 0
Are you looking for the Select menu? Cursor icon in the main UI.

The C hotkey cycles through selection targets. It highlights what you would select now when you were to click without moving the mouse. In desktop mode the name of the "to be selected" atom/control is also displayed at the bottom (F1 bar).

Another potentially helpful thing might be my PowerHandles plugin (part of Essentials package). Among other things it allows you to scale the size of the atom icons (the green things). If you have lots of them bunched together it helps a lot if they are way smaller. Note that it does not change the size of the collider used for click selection, though.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom