Shortstack Shenanigans

Scenes Shortstack Shenanigans

PetaZwega

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
PetaZwega
PetaZwega submitted a new resource:

Shortstack Shenanigans - Threesome with 10+ Mocap, idle and regular animations featuring two Shortstacks

Fulfill all your Shortstack fantasies

For this release I tried myself on a Shortstack themed scene and because I always wanted to try and make a threesome scene too, some animations in the scene can be enjoyed with both of those goblin cuties. As with Pond Pounding this can be a performance heavy scene but this time I included sliders and toggles to better customize performance heavy stuff from the get go. Especially the...

Read more about this resource...

Is it possible to replace the shortstack girls with just regular short people?
Should be possible, though I can't guarantee that the poses/animations align as well as with the shortstacks. To create the shortstacks I used the body/head scale and height morphs as well as the scale found in the persons "Control & Physics 1" tab. So changing those around could help mitigating possible misalignments in the animations.

PetaZwega updated Shortstack Shenanigans with a new update entry:

RAM usage Update

Included a version of the scene using no clothes, less performance intensive versions of the male character and fewer textures around the scene

Apparently using the same texture twice in the scene also doubles the amount of RAM it needs, A quick look at the task manager showed that the regular scene needs at least 20GB of RAM, the included new one only uses ~14GB)

Please notify me if you happen to have 16GB of RAM and it still crashes! I can further slim it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

What physics settings do you use? Rate, update cap, etc
Nvm, I see you included a popup to show recommended settings, ty

Last edited:
i wish we had more with small girls like this. i get why when u got some ppl who will use it for other things. i just like fantasy short races and it seems like 80% on this site are goblins

I tried to add in a couple of goblins from the creator Syrinxo. Sadly it doesn't quite line up even though they are short girls. Hopefully you know them. I'm assuming I just need a morph to increase their size just a little bit. Any ideas? Other than that 5-star.

need more yordles
I tried to add in a couple of goblins from the creator Syrinxo. Sadly it doesn't quite line up even though they are short girls. Hopefully you know them. I'm assuming I just need a morph to increase their size just a little bit. Any ideas? Other than that 5-star.
Those models have pretty bad collisions, beyond size, that's going to create big problems with adding them to existing scenes

need more yordles

Those models have pretty bad collisions, beyond size, that's going to create big problems with adding them to existing scenes
No wonder I have trouble. They are so unique but I guess they come at a cost. By any chance do you know of a morph that just increases the overall size?

No wonder I have trouble. They are so unique but I guess they come at a cost. By any chance do you know of a morph that just increases the overall size?
Any morphs that resize the body are also known for butchering colliders, so gotta be careful.
I'd recommend using acidbubble's collider editor on a blank slate scene with the default person atom, or the character you are trying to morph.
With the collider previews turned on, change the "size" / "length" / "scale" morphs around and see how bad the results are.
If you find some that don't destroy the colliders, try to use those.

Love your work. Is there a way to disable hand-control when you swap to POV? I don't use the right controller for obvious reasons, but when I swap to POV the guy's right arm goes wild and destroys all animations. It doesn't matter if I disable it from the VR2 menu, it auto-enables back when I swap to POV and if I do it after the arm still stays where it went.

PetaZwega updated Shortstack Shenanigans with a new update entry:

Bathhouse Optimization

If you looked a bit around the scene you might have noticed how the scene takes place in only a small part of the giant bathhouse complex. Even though it took the better part of the day, I converted the original file and deleted all unnecessary geometry of the bathhouse. Turns out the original model had like well over 300k vertices and with this update I got it down to just over 40k!

So if you had performance issues with this scene you might want to give it another try and see if it doesn't...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Honestly, won't even load on my system lol

24GB RAM (Fourth stick died), i7 7700k (4.2), GTX 1660 16GB VRAM

Starts loading in Atoms and the program just freezes up. Any tips to get it to work are welcome.

Honestly, won't even load on my system lol

24GB RAM (Fourth stick died), i7 7700k (4.2), GTX 1660 16GB VRAM

Starts loading in Atoms and the program just freezes up. Any tips to get it to work are welcome.
How long did you wait because it does take fucken forever. It took me 2 goes to realise that I just had to wait longer

I have an issue with the boob collisions. All other collisions are good but my hands go through the boobs (more apparent on the bigger boobs). If i look at the collider plugin and check preview, they appear good. Any idea what the problem could be?

Performance mode crashes on my 16gb of RAM, shortly after reaching 98% memory usage. Could be that I'm using 21% memory before loading the scene.

The Massage with the falling jar of water is broken, I think that scene might not be compatible with the newer version of Virtamate? It worked before.

WHY DOES THE SANDBOX BUTTON BREAK THE SCENE!??!

I WAS ADDING STUFF TO THE SCENE, CLICKED THAT BUTTON, NOW I HAVE BEEN TELEPORTED AWAY? EVERYTHING IS BLACK. I CAN'T GET BACK TO THE SCENE!

I HAVENT SAVED IN AGES. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO LOSE EVERYTHING I'VE DONE!!!

PLEASE HELP!

WHY DOES THE SANDBOX BUTTON BREAK THE SCENE!??!

I WAS ADDING STUFF TO THE SCENE, CLICKED THAT BUTTON, NOW I HAVE BEEN TELEPORTED AWAY? EVERYTHING IS BLACK. I CAN'T GET BACK TO THE SCENE!

I HAVENT SAVED IN AGES. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO LOSE EVERYTHING I'VE DONE!!!

PLEASE HELP!
I know that pain, I hope you're somehow able to recover the scene.

Though the only thing the sandbox button should do is turn off all positions and T-posing the three characters. Not sure how you got teleported somewhere. But I have encountered that sometimes moving the camera in VR can move the camere super far away from everything. If this happens or the camera angle is off go to the "Scene Misc" tab of Vams menu and click "Move To Scene Load Position" which resets the camera and should put you right back in the bathhouse. I hope it's not too late for you 😬

Performance mode crashes on my 16gb of RAM, shortly after reaching 98% memory usage. Could be that I'm using 21% memory before loading the scene.
Weird, I had people tell me they were able to run the scene with 16gb of RAM in the past, but maybe the performance mode still uses too many textures. Maybe try to get that 21% down a bit, did you close all other apps before starting Vam?

actually the scene with the jug is still broken for me, this is what I see when I load it:

Basically, whoever is the character that is doing the actual massage, it looks like her left arm is fixed behind the man breaking the animation
1679743965478.png

Attachments

• image_2023-03-25_123312982.png
    image_2023-03-25_123312982.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 0
I know that pain, I hope you're somehow able to recover the scene.

Though the only thing the sandbox button should do is turn off all positions and T-posing the three characters. Not sure how you got teleported somewhere. But I have encountered that sometimes moving the camera in VR can move the camere super far away from everything. If this happens or the camera angle is off go to the "Scene Misc" tab of Vams menu and click "Move To Scene Load Position" which resets the camera and should put you right back in the bathhouse. I hope it's not too late for you 😬

I tried everything I could think of. What ended up happening was I saved the scene under a different file name than the one I previously saved in case I'd be able to recover it at some point. In doing so, the process of saving did something and made the world come back and I was able to move my camera back to the main area.

Sorry for yelling :'D