• Hi Guest!

We have recently added a new Support Tickets feature to the Hub!
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Send data between plugins

TasteyTreats

Reactions
I want to make a custom two part plugin to control speed and intensity, with a main handler that sits in your main scene so speed and intensity can be shared consistently between subscenes, and a controller node that sits in subscenes to actually control the speed changes to an animation.

Is there a simple way to share data between these two plugins?

I imagine a solution where controller nodes are automatically detected by the main handler, and sent updates when needed.

Maybe there is a simple plugin to use as an example?

I tried having a look at the code for VUML and ActionGrouper, but it was thousands of lines of code and a bit difficult to understand.

Is there a simple way to share data between these two plugins?
Triggers are the intended way for plugin communication in VaM. Have a look at LogicBricks for how to make a plugin where you have UI to configure the trigger target. This should be perfect for what you are looking for, as it allows for a modular approach with decent performance. When using MacGruber_Utils (which is under CC BY now) its just a couple of lines of code you need.
Something like LogicBricks ValueRelay may be a good example for sending a float value.

Unity engines broadcast system technically works, too, but the performance is terrible. Fine for occasional calls, but not something you do every frame.

Upvote 0
Unity engines broadcast system technically works, too, but the performance is terrible. Fine for occasional calls, but not something you do every frame.

Did not mention it, but I was sure they would read the documentation **wink wink nudge nudge** 😂

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom