Question Sending rotational node data to a slider

julietanya

Reactions
Hi I have been trying for quite some time to send a rotational input of an ankle movement to a slider and I have not been successful in doing so. It seems like I am probably missing something because it seems like a very easy task to accomplish. Can anybody please tell me how to do this? So to further explain, when the ankle moves on the x axis between 0 and 45 degrees (when selecting the local coordinates in the move tab) the slider would read and receive those angle values in real-time and represent them on a slider. So for example if the ankle is at 0 degress then the slider would be at 0 and when the ankle where to be at 45 degrees then the slider would be at 100. Again it seems like a relatively simple thing that I may have overlooked and am probably thinking too hard about this as the answer is probably right in my face. Thanks in advance for anyones help with this.

Yeah I was thinking that... I was also tinkering with the storable float values but I haven't been able to connect it to either a slider without it actually rotating the whole slider window! Anyways I just realized it could also connect to a variable trigger value (instead of an actual slider) but I am stumped trying to get the rotation coordinates (from the move tab) to actually control the value on that trigger value as well. Yeah that would be soo cool to have a plugin where you can select your slider and then select your node and choose either rotation or position data with a position/rotation range. Like putting your foot on a gas pedal and the further the pedal is pushed then the faster the wheels spin on the car. The further the rotation of the foot the faster the wheels spin (or something like that). Anyways thank you for your input and most definitely thank you for the good work you do here.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom