Question How to animate a morph on a UI slider?

qoosh

Reactions
I have a morph on an atom's geometry that I can control with a slider. But I want to make the slider animated and for it to move back and forth without having to manually slide it myself (to increase and decrease the morph), and for it to keep doing this indefinitely and at different speeds. Is there a way to do this? Do I need to use a timeline or a plugin?

idk what morph or what usecase...but for single morph with random speed i would just use builtin animation pattern to control morph
(using animation triggers [transition action] 1 for A>B and 1 trigger for B>A)
for speed change i would just load included FloatParamRandomizer plugin on animation pattern atom (randomize animation speed)

however...if you don't wanna add extra animation pattern atoms inside scene
you can use builtin scene animation
-record few secs empty animation than cut it (to your desired time length), add same animation trigger (using transition)
load floatparam plugin (anywhere..inside scene plugins is fine) and let it randomize coreControl/motionAnimationMaster/playbackSpeed
same effect, less stuff on screen

no need to overcomplicate stuff, those are 2 basic ways i can think of...
ofcourse for anything more complex you should use timeline ;)

attached quick example scene controling mouth open morph (using both AP and scene animation with random speed)

EDIT: answer to title, you can also control UI slider value with triggers (UIslider/Trigger/value)

Attachments

• example_scene.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for your help. I'm trying to get a character to open and close the hand, over and over constantly and at a random interval, and using the morphs to grip hand seems like is the morph I would use for this.

Upvote 0
This sounds like something using IdlePoser would be well suited for:

Essentially you would setup states for hand open and hand closed. Maybe even various variants of each. Essentially decide which morphs and/or controls (maybe hand or elbow controls?) you want to capture, get the character into the desired position and create a state, so it captures all the values. Then define durations for each state as well as transitions and their durations. Possibly also add some control points (which are also just states) for more variation.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom