Question How to move atoms on axis with slider?

Toddy

Reactions
I have a scene with an rotating platform that I would like to be able to raise and lower. Can I control horizontal and vertical movement of an atom using slider triggers?

If your platform uses Animation Pattern for rotation, you can add Empty atom and link platform and pattern with all steps to it. And then move Empty as you want.

Upvote 0
If your platform uses Animation Pattern for rotation, you can add Empty atom and link platform and pattern with all steps to it. And then move Empty as you want.
My platform is a modified cylinder with a rotation plugin attached. I would like to control the up and down movement using a slider. And the travel distance does not have to be far.

Upvote 0
I have a scene with an rotating platform that I would like to be able to raise and lower. Can I control horizontal and vertical movement of an atom using slider triggers?

If you only need to move along a line from A to B, try the Linear Animation brick inside the MacGruber's Logic Bricks plugin collection.

Edit: Of course, you need to set a UISlider to control the value (don't remember the exact name) inside the Linear Animation plugin.

If you opt to use Animation Pattern atoms, mind that the animation resets when you save the scene.

Upvote 0
If you only need to move along a line from A to B, try the Linear Animation brick inside the MacGruber's Logic Bricks plugin collection.

Edit: Of course, you need to set a UISlider to control the value (don't remember the exact name) inside the Linear Animation plugin.

If you opt to use Animation Pattern atoms, mind that the animation resets when you save the scene.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Vertical movements work perfectly. I was going to attempt horizontal movement as well but I realized that the atoms parented on top of the platform lose their position if the platform is moved to fast.

Thanks very much for the advice

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom