Seeing two circular lights in my face. VR mode. Help is appreciated!

hikaruu876

Reactions
Hi,
I just bought a quest 2 a week ago trying to figure out how to play VaM with the best experience. However, I keep running into this light problem most of my scenes.
Does anyone else experience two circular lights in their eyes while in VR mode? (transparent color depending on the scene lighting, it will kind of make the scene blurry)
The problem seems to happen only after a scene has POV toggled so if I go into a scene without first activating POV toggle, there will be no lights.
It happens mostly when viewing scenes with no Embody activated. In embody view the two light circle disappear but will be back when embody is turned off.

It is very frustrating because the two circular lights in my face looks like some kind of virtual lenses that follows where my eyes are seeing. Therefore, most scenes after toggling embody for once, I see two circular lights blocking my viewing experience when trying to zoom in close to the target. The problem seems to go away when zoomed out far away but that takes away the experience from closer scenes.

In desktop mode, the problem doesn't exist and lastly the scene I had experienced the most problem is the hip venus scene. Both paid and free version. Can anyone give it a try and let me know if they are also experiencing this problem?

Any help will be appreciated!
Thank you.

I tried it just now and it wouldn't show up in screenshots nor desktop mode. It seems to only happen in the game. I am suspecting this is sth to do with the view point or depth? the two lights act like if they are my virtual oculus lenses that determines where my viewing angle is. It gives me the feeling of I am viewing behind the lenses and since the lenses glow, it shows up as bright circular lights. Most time the circular lights follow my head movement so there is no way to get rid of it once the problem started. Some other time it will be solved by tilting backward or forward. It is really strange. If my view point can be in front of the virtual lenses (acting as lights) I think the problem might be solved. Sadly, I am too noob at this point to figure out how to reset the view point and depth back to scene's default. If you know how to, I think that's a good place to start. Thanks!

After some tries I can confirm the lights I'm seeing are indeed the oculus lenses. I tried a few difference scene and notice in some while I lean back, I can see a fully green shaped virtual head set and two glowing lenses. Is there a way to reset that that virtual headset's position back to tracking my head movement again? it really kills all the scenes with two green lights glowing beside your eyes.

I would try to solve this on the Oculus side of things first before offsetting your position in VaM.
I don't have a Oculus set, you might have better luck asking this in Discord. Point out it's the virtual lenses you see and how you connect the Quest to the PC.

I use virtual desktop and connect Quest 2 to PC via stream/wifi. I've just tested a couple more scenes and realize that it might be embody plugin in certain scenes that is changing my view point and cause the non-pov alignment to be off. However, I'm curious that there isn't a function or button to reverb view point or camera angle back to alignment with headset? It seems like an essential function, though I cannot seem to find it anywhere in the game or on the forum and reddit guides.

Thanks for the advice, I will try joining the discord group and ask there!

Guys I found the solution! It is just a desktop view point. It is turn off by pressing M on the desktop. The lights and floating headset is gone!! Thank you Atani, I found the answer in the discord~~~

Back
Top Bottom