Change FoV(Field of View) in VR Mode?

trialemail891

Reactions
Hey guys!

I find the default FoV (Field of View) too small.. is there a way to change it in VR mode because I am struggling to find the option?

Thanks in advance!

I don't understand the question. In VR, the word FOV usually means the horizontal and vertical angle you are able to see through your headset's optics onto the screens. It depends on the hardware, the lens distance and your face's shape. We are not speaking of this "FOV", don't we?

In VaM you can change the "world size" from the main menu (you have to unfold the "more options"). This is changing the size of all objects, so you are able to see more stuff at a time. You can also take a step back, or navigate back, to take a look at the full scene. But you can't alter the "ski-googles effect" from your hardware (if you don't have a Pimax headset).

In some flat-games (non-VR) you sometimes can change a value called "FOV". This will alter the screen image in a way, similiar to the effect when looking through a fish-eye lens (door spy). In VR you are turning your head around to see the virtual world. Your brain thinks it really is in there. Every kind of image-distortion, like the fish-eye effect or barrel distortion, must be strictly avoided, because it will lead to severe simulation-sickness and eye strain.

Back
Top Bottom