Clutter? My vam is over 200gigs =/

Random592

Reactions
Ok sooooo how do you guys deal with clutter and extra resources/assets? For example for some reason I have 16 of the same bra but when I look for extra files I can not find them. Just looking for some tips from people who have been around on how to deal with having too much. I know I can go through it all but before I commit a huge amount of time to doing so I figured I would ask those more experienced than I and hope someone has had a moment of clarity on how to easily do so.

Side question?
Is there a way to favorite hair styles? I could be missing something obvious.

Attachments

• ysomany.png
    ysomany.png
    920.9 KB · Views: 0
This looks completely strange, not normal. If I were you, I would make a copy of the clothings folder and delete the original folder (custom/clothing/female/...), restart VaM, close it again, copy everything back and see if that helps. If you have the original clothing-files I would instead delete all clothings in the VaM folder, open and close VaM, reload all original files to the addonpackages folder and see if that helps. Looks like your VaM has something like a "hick-up".

If that doesn't help I would think of installing a clean VaM version and reload everything from scratch.

Side answer: I think there's no way to favorize hair styles. Unfortunately, not all functions are included in all categories, for whatever reason.

Judging by person/atom name on that screenshot, you are out of luck (unless you wanna start unpacking stuff and manually fixing references).
Those are all var package included (not local custom stuff)

Good example of terrible var packaging/lazy work of some creators...
When referenced correctly they all should point to original package instead of being redistribured over and over.

If you mouseover little cube next to "v1/v2" it shows name of package each bra is coming from.
You could try using hide option (under user perfs) on each of those duplicates and hope to hide individual ones and not all of them.
(even if they are from package, user perfs vam.hide file should still be created inside your custom folder)

Favorite hairstyle?
No, but there is favorite option for hair presets (basically all presets).
Maybe try saving your favorite hairstyles as presets mark each as favorite (on save) and than pick from drop down menu (Favorite Selection).
Just and idea...

You can solve a lot of problems with money, but you gotta have it. Seems like you are on the priviliged side of life but not everyone is.

Or too stingy...
I personally don't want to accept the fact that some creators doesn't care about file size.
I am one of those who edit almost every single Var download.
My most hated issue is texture size... A clothing item, for instance, originally more than 200MB... after editing it was only 12MB. But editing the .json files is a bit more complicated and can cause some unexpected issues. Don't do this at home!

In this case, I guess the OP may have downloaded many looks from the same creator and he has included the same bra in every single of them, instead of linking to the original. As much as I have issues with those bloody dependencies some times... this is even worse!

Please, Please, Please! Dear creators, we love your stuff, but please mind the file space or cluttering, too!
It is maybe only one little thing here and there, or maybe some MB more or less... but taken together it is a bloody mess. From what I have seen so far, I bet we easily could save 70% disk-space, if every creator would care.

Or too stingy...
I personally don't want to accept the fact that some creators doesn't care about file size.
I am one of those who edit almost every single Var download.
My most hated issue is texture size... A clothing item, for instance, originally more than 200MB... after editing it was only 12MB. But editing the .json files is a bit more complicated and can cause some unexpected issues. Don't do this at home!

In this case, I guess the OP may have downloaded many looks from the same creator and he has included the same bra in every single of them, instead of linking to the original. As much as I have issues with those bloody dependencies some times... this is even worse!

Please, Please, Please! Dear creators, we love your stuff, but please mind the file space or cluttering, too!
It is maybe only one little thing here and there, or maybe some MB more or less... but taken together it is a bloody mess. From what I have seen so far, I bet we easily could save 70% disk-space, if every creator would care.

A bit offtopic but similar issue here, I probably too have multiples of some clothing items due to users including a new copy in each scene or look but I also happen to have many different versions of plugins and different versions (like V1, V2) of morphs and I was wondering if one needs previous versions of a plugin or morph for them to work? If not then what is the best way to remove those duplicates? Do I have to manually delete them or is there some tool for that?

Not any tool that I know of. One of the unsolved problems within VaM.
sometimes me too I ask myself about all those unsolved situations I know being lazily listed in my actual 120 GB 😭Vam folder and so it's easy to share the same Toby feelings about our beloved creators. Can be it is all that.. part of the <game in a game> that gives spicy contribution to otherwise boring flat and easy playing job. And each time I can end a Vam playing session without issues... I feel like ... a self-opinion gratification: not so bad miracle in this time of overdosed pandemy lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom