Saving a .var package gives errors for deleted items

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
I'm trying to create a basic male atom template. I did a fresh install of VaM and deleted everything I didn't need in the Addons folder including MacGruber's Life plugin. I also zeroed out all the active morphs. Then when loading my base Atom and deleting everything under Plugins, when I save the package I get these errors:

!> Could not find morph by uid MacGruber.Life.12:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/MacGruber/Pose/Breathing/Breathing_Chest.vmi or name Breathing Chest referenced in save file
!> Could not find morph by uid MacGruber.Life.12:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/MacGruber/Pose/Breathing/Breathing_NoseOut.vmi or name Breathing NoseOut referenced in save file
!> Could not find morph by uid MacGruber.Life.12:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/MacGruber/Pose/Breathing/Breathing_Stomach.vmi or name Breathing Stomach referenced in save file
!> Plugin file MacGruber.Life.12:/Custom/Scripts/MacGruber/Life/MacGruber_Life.cslist does not exist

Is there a way to save a package without it referencing the files I deleted? Or if these files are still there, how to find them?

You probably replaced the female atom from the default scene which has the life plugin and 3 point lighting setup in as standard. Even though the male atom is not set by default to use the female morphs, they may still be active in the scene and be shown in the save file. You can open the female morphs and "zero all" (but with MacGruber.Life uninstalled they probably won't be there anymore.) The way to get a clear scene is from a fresh reboot on the main menu click "return to scene" instead of "default". That will open a completely blank scene, which you can then add a person atom and light to without any plugins.

Thanks @Origin69, your suggestion makes sense but something still seems off. This time I tried creating a blank scene with no people, just a wood floor and two invisible lights. So these are the steps I followed:

Opened default scene.
Set all the female morphs to zero.
Deleted all clothes and hair on the female.
Deleted the female.
Added a wood floor.
Deleted the 3 Point Lights.
Added two invisible lights.
Saved scene.
Opened package builder.
Added file for the scene I just saved.
Saved package and got this error:

!> Missing addon package NoStage3.Hair_Long_Upswept_Top_Bun.latest that packageMeshedVR.3PointLightSetup.1 depends on

Obviously I must be missing a step. Any idea what it would be? Is there any way to find these errors before saving a package?

The 3pointlighting setup is a sub-scene hidden in the default scene. Just deleting the lights won't actually clear it. If you go to the list of items in a scene, there is a checkbox to "show hidden". Then you can see everything and delete what you don't need. As I said, If you want to start from a completely blank scene, don't select default from the menu. Do a hard reset and select return to scene and the scene will be blank.

@Origin69 I really appreciate your help and thanks for the tip about the "hidden" checkbox. I never noticed that before. However, I tried the hard reset idea a few times and each time, before I added anything to the new blank scene, I still got the same error as before:

!> Missing addon package NoStage3.Hair_Long_Upswept_Top_Bun.latest that packageMeshedVR.3PointLightSetup.1 depends on

The only items showing in the scene after the hard reset and with hidden checked are:

None
PlayerNavigationPanel
WindowCamera

One thing I don't think I mentioned is that I am working with a fresh install of VaM where I deleted all of the default files in the add-on folder except for:

MeshedVR.3PointLightSetup.1.var
MeshedVR.AssetsPack.1.var
MeshedVR.PresetsPack.2.var
NoStage3.UnityAssetVamifier.20.var

My goal was to create and work in a bare-bones version of VaM to eliminate any stray files and error messages from showing up in atoms I create.

Do you think I need to leave all the default files that come in the install to do the hard reset technique without that error? Or is there another default file I deleted that should be added back in?

@Origin69 I really appreciate your help and thanks for the tip about the "hidden" checkbox. I never noticed that before. However, I tried the hard reset idea a few times and each time, before I added anything to the new blank scene, I still got the same error as before:

The only items showing in the scene after the hard reset and with hidden checked are:

None
PlayerNavigationPanel
WindowCamera

One thing I don't think I mentioned is that I am working with a fresh install of VaM where I deleted all of the default files in the add-on folder except for:

MeshedVR.3PointLightSetup.1.var
MeshedVR.AssetsPack.1.var
MeshedVR.PresetsPack.2.var
NoStage3.UnityAssetVamifier.20.var

My goal was to create and work in a bare-bones version of VaM to eliminate any stray files and error messages from showing up in atoms I create.

Do you think I need to leave all the default files that come in the install to do the hard reset technique without that error? Or is there another default file I deleted that should be added back in?
A clean VaM includes some VARs, and the one you're missing is one of them. Do a repair and don't delete the default VARs.

Yeah, click repair on the Vam updater to put the default VAR's back. Vam checks for missing dependencies every time it loads a scene, so deleting the default ones will always cause the error message.

A clean Vam is a good idea for testing a var you package yourself, but it's not the best for actually creating them, because you will be adding your own files to it in custom. If you keep one version for playing/creating you can pack the var and drag it into the clean version for testing. If you use the clean version to create new content, it won't stay clean because it will include the textures or morphs etc. you are adding to create with.

If you create from your main install, this plugin by Demonlord is handy to see what dependencies are being used in a scene before using the package builder.

I had a clean install for testing, but sadly it loaded so quickly that it became my new main setup.

Thank you very much @Origin69 and @atani for the assistance! I did the repair and was able to export my generic male look without getting any errors. I also imported this .var into another VaM install and it did not show any errors, although I believe that VaM install had all the default files. I assume that if I import it into another "bare-bones" install I might get errors for missing items.

Oh and I appreciate the tip for the DependencyViewer plugin. I never knew about that so it should come in handy in the future.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom