Missing Addon Package Errors

Solid11

Reactions
So I'm pretty new to VaM. I'm getting there though. One strange thing I've noticed. If I start with a fresh clean install of VaM and download 1 new character for example, I'll still get a missing addon package error during loading even though all the dependencies were listed below the character and on the hub. If everything was there for that particular file then why would I still get an error? Thanks just curious. This happens with many downloads btw.

If everything was there for that particular file then why would I still get an error?
Other than ignoring it... not much you can do about it.

Usually a result of lazy creators that manually edit package meta and remove dependencies.
Therefore its natural when you load said look or scene that you are greeted with errors,
even if you have downloaded all dependencies and package manager doesn't complain about missing content.

Even after removal, other files still have references saved.
That's why manual edits to meta.json should be avoided at all cost (experienced user or not).

Thanks for clearing that up. Just didn't want to stress over a scene not working right because of constant errors. I guess there is no way to tell ahead of time if something is missing even though it says all files are there? Thanks again.

I guess there is no way to tell ahead of time if something is missing even though it says all files are there?
Pretty much. Unless you wanna look inside package and compare dates and stuff, to see if it was modified/manually created.

I mean...

Viewing package inside package manager, you can check if it has reference issues (usually local references not included/content outside vars).
reference issues.jpg

That info also can be removed manually. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom