error when attempting to repack a specific addon

BinaryWaffle343

Reactions
I'm trying to add some png files to the Motoko 2.0 addon files, and for a while it was allowing me to unpack, add files, and repack with no issues. However it suddenly isn't letting me repack it anymore if I make even a single small change to anything in the files for this specific addon. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the addon, restarting VAM, logging out of my account on my pc, nothing is working. It lets me unpack and repack it just fine if I make absolutely no changes to the files after I unpack it. I've tried doing the same to some of my other addons and they work just fine even with changes. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the error message that appears when I try to repack the Motoko addon:
!> Exception during package repack: Error during attempt of move and delete of AddonPackages\mopedlampe.motoko_2.1.var. Do you have this folder open in explorer or files in this folder open in another tool?

Why do you want to unpack and repack a VAR just to add some png files in it? You can just open it with your compressed files program (winrar, 7zip, peazip, etc.) and drop the files in it.

You could get Microsoft Powertoys, and look at the file lock thingy. If you're still having issues, it can help identify the application or whatever that is locking it.

I am not affiliated with microsoft, or like them, or anything about them, just a cool tool. (and there are a bunch of others can come in handy too...)

Back
Top Bottom