Creating a package/ .VAR?

halopcdraco

Reactions
I updated a look I created and I have things in my references that were fixed-able and were fixed but there is still a list and the reference license report says I am using 3 things with the non-distributable licenses viewed in the attachment. When I check for the miki.kannika.2 morph (v2 Kannika-body, v2 Kannika genital and v2Kannika-head) those aren't being used. I can't seem to find where my look is using macgruber.essentials.3 and I never saved my look in the scene wolverine333.initiation_day.1

Attachments

• Not being used.JPG
    Not being used.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
I recommend to open the scene JSON with some text editor, for example Notepad++ and search for the package names. That should point you to what the issue is.

Note that packages with PC EA licence are ok to use if we are past the given EA date. Yeah, VaM could display that better. By the way, Essentials.3 is super old by now, version 7 is the current version and even that is free now ;)

I recommend to open the scene JSON with some text editor, for example Notepad++ and search for the package names. That should point you to what the issue is.

Note that packages with PC EA licence are ok to use if we are past the given EA date. Yeah, VaM could display that better. By the way, Essentials.3 is super old by now, version 7 is the current version and even that is free now ;)
Thanks. I do have notepad++. I'll save the updated look in a blank scene, then open the .json file and then post more screenshots/info if I'm lost :)

I opened the .JSON file in my Saves\scene\HaloPCDraco\Sapphire_V2 folder and the .JSON file in the preped folder and searching for miki.kannika.2 , macgruber.essentials.3 & wolverine333.initiation_day.1 & it gives meFind: Can't find the text " wolverine333.initiation_day.1"

FIXED: I used morph merger and reset the look. Then did a hard reset and then used my morph. It must have been the skin selection but Tara is selcted instead of female custom and there isn't anything selected for skin textures.

Last edited:
Not fixed. I did a hard reset and decided to create a new female character with very minimal custom morphs and the reference license list is super long, with those 3 on top again.

Attachments

• Not being used 4.JPG
    Not being used 4.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Not being used 3.JPG
    Not being used 3.JPG
  • Not being used 2.JPG
    Not being used 2.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Not being used 1.JPG
    Not being used 1.JPG
Don't open your original scene. It may or may not have the references in it. Look in AddonPackagesBuilder, which is where your VAR is prepared before zipping up. What often happens is that VaM adds duplicate morphs that have the same ID. In Notepad++, open your JSON (and any VAP files you may have) and then do a Find and search for all instances of ":/". That should give you a list of all var references.

You may need to manually cut out duplicate morphs. Make a backup first. Be careful to not leave trailing commas in JSON files.

Possibly you searched with "Match case" enabled in Notepad++? In that case it would not find "macgruber.essentials.3" since the actually name has some upper case letters.

Back
Top Bottom