vamjfd

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
vamjfd
vamjfd submitted a new resource:

Requested: Free Morphs Expression aggregation - combined morphs for a more natural smile and a sexy expression. As well as a lat fix

Ok I have been asked a few times if I could share some morphs.
I actually usually don't save my expressions, so I recreated 2 of some screens.
Really depends on your head morph of your character though.
Also included is a lat fix morph for poses with arms up in the air in case you actually have a character morph applied with realistic back and lat structure (without the weird gap between arms and body). These are great but if arms are up, then the lats are too big, so that's what the fix is...

Read more about this resource...

Would actually be awesome if you could somehow logic brick different poses with dependencies of relative position to specific fix morphs [...] this could be then used for proper muscle behavior/deformation/morphing and surely would sell well :)

Well there is Joint Correct, which does corrective morphs based on joint position/angle.

The issue with muscle morphs is that muscle tension isn't just about angles, you need information on forces as well (gravity, parts of the body resting on something, forces pushing against body parts, ...). Think a standing pose vs. same pose, but lying on a bed. Or arms raised towards front in a 90 degree angle, totally different when the torso is also turned forward (i.e. the arms now hanging down towards the floor).

It's theoretically possible to obtain force information from the joints (at least it is in Unity, so should work in VaM as well), but the calculations you would need to do are way more complex than just doing deformation based on angles. Would be really cool though. :D

VaM 2.0 will have corrective morphs that come with the G8 rig fwiw, which are really nice. Muscle tension might be possible as well, if MeshedVR can figure out a way to get forces info out of the PhysX joints.

Well there is Joint Correct, which does corrective morphs based on joint position/angle.

The issue with muscle morphs is that muscle tension isn't just about angles, you need information on forces as well (gravity, parts of the body resting on something, forces pushing against body parts, ...). Think a standing pose vs. same pose, but lying on a bed. Or arms raised towards front in a 90 degree angle, totally different when the torso is also turned forward (i.e. the arms now hanging down towards the floor).

It's theoretically possible to obtain force information from the joints (at least it is in Unity, so should work in VaM as well), but the calculations you would need to do are way more complex than just doing deformation based on angles. Would be really cool though. :D

VaM 2.0 will have corrective morphs that come with the G8 rig fwiw, which are really nice. Muscle tension might be possible as well, if MeshedVR can figure out a way to get forces info out of the PhysX joints.
ah I didnt know joint correct, will give that a go thanks!
yes absolutely, very complex but things like joint correct are a good start then. Time will tell :) cant wait for g8 support in vam 2.0

Back
Top Bottom