Recursive *.cslist's and referencing script files in other VAR packages

MacGruber

Invaluable member
Developer
Featured Contributor
Reactions
How about allowing *.cslist's to contain other *.cslist's? Think of handy collections of utility code.
How about referencing a script file (or *.cslist) that is located in another VAR package? Currently script files can only be located relative to the *.cslist they are listed in.

Example:
You would like to write a custom animation driver for my Life plugin. You would need to reference the core plugin and maybe some utility code, potentially derive from some base class (see request regarding abstract classes) put provide the code in your own VAR as it doesn't make sense to release a modified version of the Life plugin.

That's an interesting idea, I have a "vam testing framework" lying around that could also take advantage of this! This would also allow for a better separation of concerns within a single var file too.

I won't be able to do nested cslists right now, but I did just put in a fix so a cslist can directly reference another packaged file. So a reference like this will work in 1.20:

MacGruber.Life.6:/Custom/Scripts/MacGruber/Life/Internal/MacGruber_Utils.cs

I know this is a super old thread, but where do you put .cslist?
You could just have created a new thread.

But anyway...you can put a *.cslist anywhere were you could put a *.cs script. Usual convention is to keep your *.cs files in a subfolder and the *.cslist that combines them all in the parent folder. That way its clearer for the user that the *.cslist should be used.

You could just have created a new thread.

But anyway...you can put a *.cslist anywhere were you could put a *.cs script. Usual convention is to keep your *.cs files in a subfolder and the *.cslist that combines them all in the parent folder. That way its clearer for the user that the *.cslist should be used.
Thanks MacGruber, Yeah idk why i didn't just make a new thread. I was googling the probably and this post was all that I could find, and i simply replied to it without thinking much. But thank you for replying anyways! Now anyone else that has to google and gets lead to this same post will also find the answer more easily.

Back
Top Bottom