Question Received message name SendPlaySegment but no handler exists for that event

jell

Reactions
Website
www.housefly.io
Patreon
jell1
In my scene when I select a specific Segment for a character in VAMStory in the TimeLine plugin - I get an error
1111111.png

Did I do something wrong in VamStory or something? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

222222222.png

Solution
I had the same recently, but with no context of VAMStory. I think in my case it was because different (old and current) versions of Timeline have been mixed, but not sure.
I had the same recently, but with no context of VAMStory. I think in my case it was because different (old and current) versions of Timeline have been mixed, but not sure.

Upvote 0
Solution
I have another scene and there are such problems with VAMStory - no, but I created a new scene and here is such a mistake

Upvote 0
What @RunRudolf says about multiple Timeline versions in the scene makes sense, do check for that. Older versions of Timeline don't have a "Play segment" option and that would explain the error.

As for triggers, the trigger system is a base VaM function, doesn't matter usually if the trigger is used in VAMStory or any other atom/plugin. I don't think the problem is in VAMStory but on the trigger itself. Is there a "ant" segment in that Timeline? Maybe you renamed it or deleted it but the trigger still keeps the old information. Delete the trigger and make it again to be sure it's correctly set.

Scene suggestion:
Instead of using "Anna:" in the text, you have the option to include a avatar image to show the person. This is a really cool feature that makes your story dialogue look more polished.

Upvote 0
What @RunRudolf says about multiple Timeline versions in the scene makes sense, do check for that. Older versions of Timeline don't have a "Play segment" option and that would explain the error.

As for triggers, the trigger system is a base VaM function, doesn't matter usually if the trigger is used in VAMStory or any other atom/plugin. I don't think the problem is in VAMStory but on the trigger itself. Is there a "ant" segment in that Timeline? Maybe you renamed it or deleted it but the trigger still keeps the old information. Delete the trigger and make it again to be sure it's correctly set.

Scene suggestion:
Instead of using "Anna:" in the text, you have the option to include a avatar image to show the person. This is a really cool feature that makes your story dialogue look more polished.
Yes, RunRudolf was right, I deleted old versions of timeline and the error disappeared. :) :) :) :) Regarding pictures for avatars - I saw it and already tested it, it's just my first scene with VamStory and I didn't quite understand where to store the picture for female and male avatar? In the Var file? If so - then by what path, or does the path not matter?

Upvote 0
The avatar is a image, usually you place them in Custom/Images. If you add the image(s) to the avatar part of VAMStory, when you're packaging the scene to a VAR it will be picked up as a local file and be packed inside the VAR. See packaging guides for more information.
As each STORY sentence can have a different avatar, you could even have avatars with different expressions depending on the story sentence, something to play around with :)

Upvote 0
The avatar is a image, usually you place them in Custom/Images. If you add the image(s) to the avatar part of VAMStory, when you're packaging the scene to a VAR it will be picked up as a local file and be packed inside the VAR. See packaging guides for more information.
As each STORY sentence can have a different avatar, you could even have avatars with different expressions depending on the story sentence, something to play around with :)
OOO cool, I have one more question) Can I specify for my war file which dependencies it should download? I just have this problem, the morph has a set of clothes on - and the dependency with this set of clothes is shown in my war file, but I have another set that I will put on this morph later and this is a completely different dependency and it is not shown in the scene dependencies

Upvote 0
"War file" :LOL:

The packaging process takes care of everything that your scene uses (dependencies+needed local files), PLUS dependencies of the direct dependencies.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom