Question mark invasion on the Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might also be the hub not knowing what to do with some Unicode characters.
 
I was thinking something like that, but didnt know how to describe it, it may be like an end of line or carriage return.
Do you have an link to an example?
 
Also is this in-game or when you are browsing the site from your PC?
 
Also, on this thread, I did not put three question marks after my statement at the end with "Let's go team!"

That kind of rules out mishandled Unicode. I suspect multi-legged creatures crawling on the hub's shoulders.
 
Ok I can confirm this issue definitely exists. We are looking into it.
 
This appears to be emojis being converted into question marks somehow.
 
We recently upgraded the Hub's servers, and this appears to be a result of moving the database. We're investigating if anything can be done at this point.
 
Unfortunately, the emojis that were erased during the move to the new server cannot be recovered. If you have posts with `?` where there should be an emoji, we recommend editing the post and removing or replacing the `?` at this time. Really sorry for this inconvenience. 🙇‍♀️
 
I think this thread shouldn't be pinned, makes no sense.
It was pinned because the database error that wiped emojis affected a lot of users. I think it's blown over at this point though. Will unsticky the post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom