Question Question for someone who knows skin textures well

mspeck01

Reactions
I downloaded a model Atom and love everything about her but her areola and nipple area.
Everything I've tried to do to alter them have failed.
Either it changes her look or changes her breast.
I've tried different textures and plugins and I'm not satisfied with how they look.
I won't say which model it is because I don't want to hurt the creators feelings.
I'd like to not cover the area up. I'd like to have the original breast have a good areola and nipple to start with.
Any suggestions are welcome.

It depends on whether the texture you are talking about is the problem eg. Areola too large or missing detail. If you find another texture where the nipples do look right to you, you can extract the textures for both .var packages in the package manager within Vam. You will then need image editing software (i use Gimp, it's free).

Open both defuse/main torso textures then copy the area you want and paste it on a new layer over the texture you want to improve ( make sure you anchor the floating selection).
Then adjust the colour with of the new layer with -colour/hue-saturation so it matches.
Right click the layer list and select "New from visible"
use the healing clone tool to blend the area you pasted.
go to file/export as, and save your new texture somewhere.
add it to your model in vam in edit mode -skin texture/ defuse/ torso

This will only change the colour layer on your model, you can also use this method to add tattoos and other details.
Remember that allot of model texture details on a model come from the purple normal maps. The black and white gloss/specular maps change and the way it catches the light. you can do the same thing with those too, but make sure to be accurate when blending with normal maps. Normal maps create the fine details like skin lines, blemishes, muscle tone and pores, if they don't match the defuse main colour it will look off.

I never share textures I alter, because it's still the original artists work over all, so it's best to check with and credit the creator if you want to share your changes.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks to both of you.
You have given me a better understanding of what I need to do.
I think I could experiment with this and add a couple of tattoos to my model also.
Thanks Again

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom