Question Skin Textures Bug?

Paulallen22

Reactions
Hello All,

I'm a fairly new user of VAM and, as many of you surely did or are doing, I've been on a fairly deep dive into the capabilities and functionality of this wonderful program.

I've recently run into an odd issue where whenever I load up a scene with a handful of models, their skin and sometimes clothes appear as below. If I change the skin presets, it works, but it oftentimes diminishes the lookalike effect. Plus its just annoying.

Any idea what could be causing the issue? Thanks in advance.

1641484255.jpg

Those figures on your pictures obviously have not a single texture on them, which is very strange.
Not the bodys, not the clothes.... even the eyelashes don't have an alpha-texture.
You are completely sure you don't have done anything special with the VaM folder before getting this issue? Have you moved it? Have you deleted some game files, or downloaded Vars?
What does the error log show at that moment? Are there any error messages being displayed?

Cache: I sometime have a some strange texture issues when quickly changin between different face textures.
I nailed my issue down to the VaM cache. As you may know, this is caching (among other things) textures for a faster access... and it seems to be a bit buggy sometimes. Maybe you can have a look at the user options on the scene menue and delete/move your VaM cache.

A somewhat basic approach: You might try to use the repair options at the VaM installer, too, to make sure not to have some strange game issues. If you have a choice, don't install VaM on your c: (system) drive, because of Windows read/write rights management. This can lead to some strange errors, too.

An completely other approach:
Are you sure you have downloaded all the additional "Dependencies"? Are there maybe textures from an other Var file missing? Have you checked the error log at the scene menue main tab?

Upvote 0
Those figures on your pictures obviously have not a single texture on them, which is very strange.
Not the bodys, not the clothes.... even the eyelashes don't have an alpha-texture.
You are completely sure you don't have done anything special with the VaM folder before getting this issue? Have you moved it? Have you deleted some game files, or downloaded Vars?
What does the error log show at that moment? Are there any error messages being displayed?

Cache: I sometime have a some strange texture issues when quickly changin between different face textures.
I nailed my issue down to the VaM cache. As you may know, this is caching (among other things) textures for a faster access... and it seems to be a bit buggy sometimes. Maybe you can have a look at the user options on the scene menue and delete/move your VaM cache.

A somewhat basic approach: You might try to use the repair options at the VaM installer, too, to make sure not to have some strange game issues. If you have a choice, don't install VaM on your c: (system) drive, because of Windows read/write rights management. This can lead to some strange errors, too.

An completely other approach:
Are you sure you have downloaded all the additional "Dependencies"? Are there maybe textures from an other Var file missing? Have you checked the error log at the scene menue main tab?

Thanks for the response. It seems the cache was causing the issue. I emptied the cache and reloaded the scene with no issues, freeing up a ton of disk space as a bonus! I just got an additional SSD, so I'll take your advice and use it instead of my main disk.

Upvote 0
You are welcome. I have tried to live without that cache, but it speeds up texture loading time enormously (and browsing large custom texture folders). For now, I manually empty/delete the cach once a week (or month...), to not flooding my poor drive with dozens of gigabytes (there is no maximum).
By the way: If you don't want to have an eye on the size, you can move the cache to an old spare HDD drive. VaM to a SSD (!), the cache to a HDD. This will still speed up texture loading enormously and the difference in speed (for the cache) is very small.

Upvote 0
You are welcome. I have tried to live without that cache, but it speeds up texture loading time enormously (and browsing large custom texture folders). For now, I manually empty/delete the cach once a week (or month...), to not flooding my poor drive with dozens of gigabytes (there is no maximum).
By the way: If you don't want to have an eye on the size, you can move the cache to an old spare HDD drive. VaM to a SSD (!), the cache to a HDD. This will still speed up texture loading enormously and the difference in speed (for the cache) is very small.
Thanks for the tips! I ended up just buying a new SSD because mine was only 500 GB so it was time to increase my overall capacity. VAM now running smoothly on its own SSD.

Upvote 0
I just ran into this same problem yesterday. The models would show up with a couple textures with that gold texture look. I'd then re-map the textures (which would "fix" the issue temporarily), save the scene, and then they'd be gold again the next time I loaded the scene. Clearing the cache resolved the issue! Thanks, Ttoby!

Upvote 0
Started having the gold stripped skin texture bug and checked my textures folder in the cashe. Had over 100gb in there and deleting that fixed the issue.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom