Please let us add tags to classify all our scenes/objects.

Babell99

Reactions
Hi guys,

my scene browser folder is such a mess. This is a huge mix-up of animated scenes, model scenes, asset scenes and so on. It is now at an unbearable size where browsing now brings me to the edge of madness LOL.

Two little things would help SO MUCH.

1. Being able to add a tag (even if its a single one) to any scene and filter based on these. Then we could create our own tags to get some kind of order into all of this. We could create tag than ... "scene","model","asset","dude" and so on. That filtering system would be SO helpful.

2. Being able to delete anything in that folder. right from the browser. I would really like to delete unwanted stuff there. I am aware that some dependencies could be existing, but we need to figure something out about that.

Thank you guys. Please let us organize all of this. It is extremely difficult with the current release to manage all the content.

In the meantime, if you guys have any tricks so have some kind of classification, please hint me!!!!

What I do on the AddonPackages folder is to have different folders by topic, like looks, Clothes,Plugins, etc. The root AddonPackages stays empty for when I'm trying out a new scene or something else, as the dependencies will download there. Then, if I know I want what I downloaded, I move the VARs to the respective folder.
Within VAM everything is recognized just fine and I can much more easily organise my VARs, add the right plugin from the Plugin folder, and so on.

For scenes I keep I change the file name (scene) in the VAR to something like [maker] scene title. If seeing the Scene browser alphabetically I then have each maker's scenes together, but you can also add keywords too if you like. It's manual work and is overwritten by any updates to the scene, but those are very rare anyway.

Last edited:
For scenes I keep I change the file name in the VAR to something like [maker] scene title. If seeing the Scene browser alphabetically I then have each maker's scenes together, but you can also add keywords too if you like. It's manual work and is overwritten by any updates to the scene, but those are very rare anyway.

Perhaps you can tell how this works "accurate" inside the var . I mean what has to be renamed where so that the var is still showing up.
If people just rename the var its over and they do no longer show up :)

Perhaps you can tell how this works "accurate" inside the var . I mean what has to be renamed where so that the var is still showing up.
If people just rename the var its over and they do no longer show up :)
...Corrected my previous answer for more clarity...
I don't mean to rename the VAR, no no, only the scene json and pic name which is inside the VAR in Saves/scene. I change the scenes name to [creator] scene original name.json and then on the Scene Browser I can just type on the filter box for the creator name and that's all it shows. You can add keywords instead, whatever you want.
I do this for scenes only, they rarely get updated anyway, never for other assets.

Last edited:
My solution is to just not use the SceneBrowser at all. There is an option in VaM settings to directly load the default scene. My default scene is basically empty, just a floor and some lights and no characters, so it loads fast. Once in game, I load scenes with the old scene open dialog, which allows you to select the VAR files and has folders, etc.

Also, in the PackageManager you can disable packages you only have for dependencies and don't want to actually use.

My solution is to just not use the SceneBrowser at all. There is an option in VaM settings to directly load the default scene. My default scene is basically empty, just a floor and some lights and no characters, so it loads fast. Once in game, I load scenes with the old scene open dialog, which allows you to select the VAR files and has folders, etc.

Also, in the PackageManager you can disable packages you only have for dependencies and don't want to actually use.

Oh there are strong tricks in here! I will explore that manual loading for sure!!!!

Back
Top Bottom