OpenXXL useless dependency FIX aka weird penis bug / Anus-Push.Pull

coll69

Reactions
Did you ever encounter some strange dependencys in your fresh created Scene and can not explain it?
Well maybe it is the infamous OpenXXL Auto Morph issue.

This Morph is usualy located in side of .var files under the path \Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\male_genitalia\AUTO\
Everybody who downloaded a .var file that contains this Morph will automaticaly include the "infected" var package in any newly created Scene!

There are 3 ways to fix that:
a) disable the containing Packages
b) delete them from your AddonPackages
c) remove the OpenXXL from those packages

Option a)
Open you scene -> Male character -> Male Morphs -> search for OpenXXL or Anus-Push.Pull
if the OpenXXL Morph is in a RED box your scene is infected
Hover the package symbol in that morphs box and note the name of the package containing it.
Open the package manager and DISABLE that package.
Now Hard Reset the game and repeat untill the OpenXXL box becomes white ish.

Option b)
Kind of uncomfortable and will most likely leave you with a lot of missing dependencies.

Option c)
You have to use a zip/unzip programm and clean the stuff by hand

Want to read more?

Last edited:
Not anymore.
Fortunately (for me) I got rid of them all already, and of openxxl as well. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time until they come back in some way.

I just did a search for any addon that includes some AUTO stuff (in my collection) .. and its scary
Its a wonder that things didnt break yet :p
Are those "RG InOut" that caused you trouble inside an AUTO folder?

if you want to make sure you dont have the OpenXXL you can do this:

Create a .bat file in your VAM folder "Find OpenXXL.bat" or something
Put this inside the file.
Code:
findstr /M "OpenXXL" "%~dp0\AddonPackages\*"
pause
Remark: make sure that you have the text exactly like shown (upper lower case) for the "OpenXXL"

Now you can easily check anytime if you catched it again :p
Just run the bat file (Yes it can take a while).

What if does:
findstr - search for text in a file
pause - ask you to press a key so that the window doesnt close when the findstr command is finished

It will print the filenames of files containing OpenXXL (and false positive filesnames with chinese characters because it cant handle them :( )
then you can inspect and repair/delete them.

Here's another one:

For those that prefer a GUI over a command line, dnGrep is my tool of choice. Quite a nice set of options and listing of results.
Just make sure to add in the preferences a new archive filetype "var".

@epi.noah i checked your list
  • anuby.bigsisy_skinw -> not on hub?
  • Bob Nothing.anade2049 -> infected
  • Bob Nothing.Aphrodite -> infected
  • Bob Nothing.Girlfriend -> Girlfriend1_Scene1 -> infected with both
  • Bob Nothing.Sara - clean
  • Damarmau.Clara_remix -> infected
  • Damarmau.DAMAR_morphs -> clean
  • Damarmau.Lilys_Throne -> infected
  • UJVAM.3TOP_JUKUJO -> not on hub?
  • VamBam.Medicalroom -> clean
  • vamX -> uhm? which one

so i add 5 more to the list
thank you

cleaned versions in the mega download

P.S. i also have this Morph available in my client. The morph is doing what it says. i its hard to tell which one is infected and which one not.
The Anus-Push.Pull is a regular morph contained in the Damarmau.DAMAR_morphs.11.var

Last edited:
@epi.noah i checked your list
  • anuby.bigsisy_skinw -> not on hub?
  • Bob Nothing.anade2049 -> infected
  • Bob Nothing.Aphrodite -> infected
  • Bob Nothing.Girlfriend -> Girlfriend1_Scene1 -> infected with both
  • Bob Nothing.Sara - clean
  • Damarmau.Clara_remix -> infected
  • Damarmau.DAMAR_morphs -> clean
  • Damarmau.Lilys_Throne -> infected
  • UJVAM.3TOP_JUKUJO -> not on hub?
  • VamBam.Medicalroom -> clean
  • vamX -> uhm? which one

so i add 5 more to the list
thank you

cleaned versions in the mega download

I don't remember which versions of VamX had it but I have all these disabled:
vamX.0.9.var
vamX.vamX_0.7.var
vamX.1.3.var
vamX.1.4.var
vamX.1.7.var
vamX.1.9.var
vamX.Base.1.var

Maybe because they all had it ( Anus-Pull.Push), or because the ones that didn't have it required a var that had it.
Might be the same with the rest of the list (thus some might be clean)

Last edited:
updated fixing strategy:
Since it seems to be unpracticalble for a lot of people i recomment now this:

Open you scene -> Male character -> Male Morphs -> search for OpenXXL

if the OpenXXL Morph is in a RED box your scene is infected

hover the package symbol in that morphs box and note the name of the package containing it.
Open the package manager and DISABLE that package.

now Hard Reset the game and repeat untill the OpenXXL box becomes white ish.

Disabling the Packages over deleting has the advantage that you will not accidentialy redownload it without noticing.
(P.S. you could still manipulate the VARs .. that will also work but is a bit more complicated)

thanks go to @ascorad for coming up with this solution

I have found too many bags, many are character bags containing hand movements or poses。 I enabled . This problem has been tortured me to death . For newcomers like us, making and uploading works is a disaster。

Meshed has located and fixed the bug that's causing these issues. There will be a Vam update very soon.

Meshed has located and fixed the bug that's causing these issues. There will be a Vam update very soon.

Have these updates already been made? After updating to 1.21.1.0, my models' butts are skewed because of the goddamn RG InOut and RG UpDown that did nothing before this update.

Yes, those fixes have been made. Those morphs no longer get applied to every look, and are no longer frozen, so you can set them to default.

But all the looks that had them attached still have them attached. You will either have to zero them yourself, or find and remove them from your system. If you do that, you will get an error message that they are missing any time you load a look that's trying to use them, but you can ignore that.

Yes, those fixes have been made. Those morphs no longer get applied to every look, and are no longer frozen, so you can set them to default.

But all the looks that had them attached still have them attached. You will either have to zero them yourself, or find and remove them from your system. If you do that, you will get an error message that they are missing any time you load a look that's trying to use them, but you can ignore that.

I checked again. When I rolled back to version 1.20.77.13, everything became normal again. When upgrading to a new one - again this problem.

Cleaning manually and looking for where each damn morph is located with the addon folder size of 301 GB and each file is packed - well, this is not a really cool event.
Maybe there is some plugin/tool or possible function in future update that would allow you to disable morphs by name without touching the whole package or disable auto morphs for individual packages?

You only need to "fix" the ones you are using .. The problem is inside the scene or model that has the issue.
Not in your 300 GB of stuff

The update DISABLED that morphs from unrelated other packages getting automaticaly applied to your scene
And if your scene depends on that weird behavior you must fix that scene (or delete such buggy crap).

What you request is to return to the old messed up situation where you have to check every package if it contains those pests auto morphs and disable them by hand ..
please not, never again

You only need to "fix" the ones you are using .. The problem is inside the scene or model that has the issue.
Not in your 300 GB of stuff

The update DISABLED that morphs from unrelated other packages getting automaticaly applied to your scene
And if your scene depends on that weird behavior you must fix that scene (or delete such buggy crap).

What you request is to return to the old messed up situation where you have to check every package if it contains those pests auto morphs and disable them by hand ..
please not, never again
Problem in the appearance presets. The problem is that before the update, these morphs did nothing, but after some reason they became active.

I'm not asking for a return to the old situation (sorry if I didn't put it right, English is not my native language). I ask for an alternative way to get rid of this problem other than manually adjusting the appearance presets with preservation, or manually cleaning the packages with these automorphs. This is the transformation of all appearance presets, which will take quite a lot of time, and naturally I don’t really want to do this. I thought I described it clearly above.

Last edited:
Problem in the appearance presets. The problem is that before the update, these morphs did nothing, but after some reason they became active.

I'm not asking for a return to the old situation (sorry if I didn't put it right, English is not my native language). I ask for an alternative way to get rid of this problem other than manually adjusting the appearance presets with preservation, or manually cleaning the packages with these automorphs. This is the transformation of all appearance presets, which will take quite a lot of time, and naturally I don’t really want to do this. I thought I described it clearly above.

Can you post one of your .vap files with the problem?

I posted another thread about OpenXXL (sorry I did not see this one) and just wanted to mention that for me OpenXXL is only appearing as a morph on male Atoms. It's baked into the default PresentsPack2.var file that installs with VaM. When opening one of the male atom morph .vap files this code is at the top:

Code:
"setUnlistedParamsToDefault" : "true",
   "storables" : [
      {
         "id" : "geometry",
         "morphs" : [
            {
               "name" : "OpenXXL",
               "value" : "3.619025E-05"
            },

As I mentioned in my other thread, I know how to delete that code and save but I don't know how to recompress it into a .var file to replace the PresetsPack2.var.

That OpenXXL should be fine. There was a custom made one with the same name and it was getting stuck on any look that you saved in the scenes that used it.

As I mentioned in my other thread, I know how to delete that code and save but I don't know how to recompress it into a .var file to replace the PresetsPack2.var.

Apparently, a .var is just a renamed .zip.

1674694687625.png

Go to your models "auto behaviors" tab and uncheck "auto male genital/anus morphs".
This is what's controlling the OpenXXL morph.

Also to clear up a few misconceptions:

1) There's no such thing as an "auto morph". Back at the dawn of time, before var files, content was distributed in vac files. When you open one of those, the morphs inside would be automatically added to your morphs collection. They got added to a custom morph folder named "AUTO". That's just what the folder is named, and there's no significance beyond that. Any user that was around in the pre-var days and who hasn't tidied up their morphs collection has an "AUTO" directory full of odds and ends, so that's how they appear when packed into vars. They're no different from any other morphs.

2) There's nothing wrong with OpenXXL or the RG morphs. There never was. The bug was in Vam. Vam uses these morphs internally for body physics in ways the user never sees. The problem came when people added the exact same morphs as custom content. A bug in Vam led to Vam trying to control these morphs like it did the internal versions, with unfortunate results. That bug has now been fixed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom