Newb: Scene Loads But Doesn’t Play

hankdog989

Reactions
Nothing happens after I load a scene. There are no errors and I accepted the terms and conditions. What am I missing to start the scene? Thank you.

Are plugins enabled? https://hub.virtamate.com/wiki/user_preferences_security/

Also, is this for all scenes, or specific ones? When you say no errors, did you check the Error Messages panel? It's pretty rare that _nothing_ shows up, there are usually at least a few packages that are missing :)

thank you for the reply. I haven’t gotten any scenes to work. I have plugins enabled. You’re right though, yest some scenes had a million error messages, even though I downloaded straight from the Hub.
I wonder if I should delete and reinstall? I recently deleted a download accelerator and In doing so, it said there were some shared files that could make some things not work if deleted. Don’t know if that matters.
I also saved game time D drive instead of C. Doubt that would matter.
thanks again.

@hankdog989 delete & reinstall is not useful if VaM actually launches. And that million error messages matter :D Especially the first one. Here's what I suggest.

1. Launch VaM normally, open the Error Messages window, clear.
2. Launch your scene
3. Copy & paste _everything_ in the Error Messages window

It should help us help you :)

@hankdog989 delete & reinstall is not useful if VaM actually launches. And that million error messages matter :D Especially the first one. Here's what I suggest.

2. Launch your scene

Hello!
Thanks again for the help. I actually figured it out. When I downloaded the program, I created my own folder. Doing so put the program in a folder that required Admin Rights…which is a no-no for VAM. So I moved it to my user folder and it works.

thanks again!

2. Launch your scene

However while I have you, I still can’t get my “hands” to show up. Even after I click “toggle hands,” I just get the orbs. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom