How do I load a scene in the same position relative to a SteamVR play area?

geevee

Reactions
I created a basic scene with a bed and floor. I can navigate it (using thumbstick grab in VR) to align with my real bed and floor, and save the scene.
But when I reload the scene it's always based on wherever my headset happens to be, and no longer aligns with my actual room.
So I have to realign it every time I load (or vamX decides to move everything).

This is very inconvenient because to realign I have to do the following:
1) re-enable VR navigation (because I disabled it to prevent unaligning the scene)
2) change the materials in the scene to no longer be hidden (or green) because I am using passthrough and they are invisible otherwise.
3) Align the scene.
4) Undo #1 and #2.

How can I make my scene always load in the same spot (and rotation) in relation to the play area?
How can I quickly restore that alignment in case something (vamX) changes it?

WXs5_nrOOGf-Sec2VQS4CH8QG-WUKS612W8Z0KnzbsZrUvP6O_7Dfq0fGE64Y8x7MDxwz_Qq985LU7Lp_sBgTQrqQfadKGfEDnETXE6c6dVgwNhdx8e1xcsVJiRuAnWQS4iChzoa

VaM left side UI in Edit mode

Those settings move the viewer, or the scene depending on how you look at it. For that to do what I'd want I'd have to know the player's position within their playspace and set that as the Scene Load Position. But how do I do that?

Does Virtamate have any idea of the playspace offset?

My SteamVR void scene (the scene with the rings on the ground and mountains on the horizon), and the VaM intial scene (the three or four panels) are always positioned exactly in the same spot regardless of where my headset is! That is the behavior I want. But after that the VaM scenes load depending on the headset position.

Back
Top Bottom