How to get a Mocap to play in VAM.

Hedgepig

Reactions
This has me totally stumped. I want to trigger a mocap. I can do this manually by hitting Play in the BVH player. But when I want to trigger that mocap in the BVH Player using a different plugin, for example Speech Recognition, there is no Play option in the Discrete Actions choices, only Enable, which doesn't play the mocap. I've tried this with UI triggers and colliders, and there's still no option to play the Mocap, only Enable.

Going around the problem in a different way, I tried to use the Timeline, but it won't import mocaps from the Mocaps folder . The red warning panel tells me the Timeline can't find any mocaps to import. It will import Acid Bubbles 'Glance', which are most likely different file types to BVH files.

This suggests that I probably don't understand what kind of file types can be played in which plugin in VAM. So, what kind of animation and file types are there? Do they have to be converted from one format to another, before the plugins will recognize them? In the Timeline, do they need to be converted to .json files?

Hi,
I am no expert in Animations and Timeline, but if nobody else will answer your question, I will write some lines.
There are many different kinds of animations in VaM, what surely can be confusing.
Three of them are build-in like the new personal animation tab, the animation patterns and the recorded animations. Timeline is something inbetween, but could maybe count as a fourth kind. Last but not least there is the BVH player that plays the popular BVH animation file format. As you first part of the question is about that plugin: It has a option to record the animation. Remember to remove the BHV player plugin after recording, or the animation will not be saved. If you do this, it saves and plays with the scene and you can trigger it with the VaM animation controls.
Afaik there is an other plugin to save VaM animations to a file and to play them, if you want to use multiple of them. I am at work and can't look for the name.
For the second part of your question: I never used Timeline *shame*

Back
Top Bottom