How do I unlock physics settings in a scene?

Rjpa

Reactions
Hello,

This is my first post, so I apologise for the newbie question.

I have been playing around with some scenes and editing them to my liking, which is lots of fun. Yesterday I was messing around with a simple doggystyle animation scene. I changed the female character, moved the position of her legs slightly, and changed the male character to one that looks a little like me - a common thing to do among VAM users I imagine :)

"This is great!", I thought, but that booty just isn't jiggling very much, which simply can't be right when she has one that big! Anyway, with her root atom selected I went into the glute physics tab and tried to change the physics values to apply more mass and spring, etc., but each time I tried to move the slider, it returned to its original position and so it seems to be locked at those values. So my question is, is there a way to "unlock" these glute physics so that I can change the values?

Many thanks.

So everytime you manually change glute value (example: mass, spring...) it changes back to previous one?
Is it for all values(settings) on glute tab? (Unlikely, but it could be a trigger for glute preset load.)
"I have been playing around with some scenes and editing them to my liking,"
"but each time I tried to move the slider, it returned to its original position and so it seems to be locked at those values."
Or probably scene you edited is controling those settings somewhere...so everytime you try manually changing value it slides back to "locked"(animated) value.
It's hard to tell where or what is controling this...it requires deeper scene inspection or searching inside json.

Hello RandomVAMUser,

Thank you for replying to my question. As you said, yes, each time I slide the glute values in the Glute Physics tab, and then let go of the slider, it just returns to the position that it was originally set in. It is doing this for every value in the Glute Physics tab.

I suppose that, as you say, the scene is controlling these values. As I understand it, the scene is set up to be simplistic and unbreakable, so perhaps values such as glute physics that impact the animation sequence are "locked" in order to achieve a higher stability in the scene when looks, etc. are switched.

As a real novice, I'm already talking about things that I am not experienced enough to understand yet. So I'll just say thank you for your help. I appreciate the response. I was just wondering if I was missing an easy fix for this issue. It appears not.

All the best.

Tbh it's hard to pinpoint what it could be or tell you where to look (it really depends on the scene).

But since you can't change any value at all, i suspect maybe there is some trigger with glute presets constantly loading(refreshing)?
Is there any indicator of glute preset loaded?(maybe something under preset name)
glutePreset.jpg

Also what happens if you 'load default' glute settings?(i assume nothing)

Can't remember if there is any plugin that overwrites all glute settings (titty magic, givemeFPS, etc...)

if not preset or plugin related than it could be animated by 'something' 🤷‍♂️
(timeline, animation pattern, scene animation/mocap triggers, variable triggers,...list goes on)
it can be anything stuck at exact trigger that constantly changes(locks) values.

If you are not afraid to manually look inside scene.json (open it with notepad++)
and search for all glute preset (or glute values)...you can eventually pinpoint what it is.

EDIT: there is option to 'lock' preset parameters, but that is 100% not related to your issue.
It's mostly to prevent preset overwrite (to keep specific values from XYZ preset category), you can still edit values manually (there is no 'lock' option).

Last edited:
Usually if you can't edit values and they return to a special value, they are controlled from a plugin.

Just go to the plugin tab from that person and deactivate whatever is activated.
The scene itself contains a plugin tab as well to be found in the main tab.
Just play around but always remember: if your scene has reached a state you like - save. If you're going to do big changes - save. If you wanna move persons, and not just atoms - save.

Always save before making big changes or changes you have no clue what they do.

Thank you once again RandomVAMUser, and thank you too, HolySchmidt!

RamdomVAMUser - Thanks for the great explanation and screenshot. Yes, there is a named preset installed in the scene under the Glute Presets tab that you have highlighted. I tried to load the defaults when experimenting myself, but could not. I also tried to create my own preferred glute value preset in a different scene, save it, and then load that preset into this scene instead to overwrite the other one, but I could not do that either. It just remained on the same named preset as before. I might try to have a look at the scene.json file in notepad, as you suggested. If nothing else it will be educational! Much to learn.

HolySchmidt - Thank you for your advice. As you suggest, I will play around with plugin deactivation and see if that helps to free up the physics. I will also save all changes before making a big change. Great advice!

All the best.

Back
Top Bottom