Answered Mouth Open Wide morph setting value on its own when saving an appearance preset

ascorad

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Twitter
rad_asco
Patreon
ascorad
I'm having an issue with appearance presets where I create it, save it, then when its loaded the Mouth Open Wide value randomly sets to 1.250. I've looked in the json file and there's nothing set for that morph. I made sure that all defaults for presets are using the built-in defaults and not user defaults. There's absolutely nothing I can find that should be setting this value, but every time I load a preset in, it happens. Doesn't seem to matter which look I use, but if I load an appearance that I didn't create myself I don't have the issue. Has anyone else had this problem, or even better, solved it? I capped a video of it happening live. Hopefully that will help. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply, Macgruber :) I suppose it could be. The only plugin loading in the scene I was using is Timeline, but I do have session plugins. I'll give it a try with those all disabled and see if that fixes it.

Upvote 0
This is wild guess: Could it be morph (head, neck,...) or tongue collision related?

What happens if you disable person collision (or tongue collision) and load preset?

Upvote 0
What happens if you disable person collision (or tongue collision) and load preset?
Thanks for the reply :)
I tried this one too, as well as messing around with the jaw spring/damper and still no dice. It's a real head scratcher! The strange thing is, it doesn't seem to matter what I do, it always sets that precise value of 1.250 on that one morph. It's so incredibly weird! Also, in yet another strange turn of events, I noticed that if I have a copy of timeline running to perform some kind of animation, the jaw will close normally before running, even if that morph isn't added as a target!

Upvote 0
The combination of VAMMoan and Lip Sync plugin when the loaded appearance has the "Drive Jaw angle from Head Audio" will put the "mouth open wide" at that value.
Or maybe it's one of the checkboxes in VAMMoan to adjust the jaw or something, that together with the above does this.
Not sure right now and away from VaM to recall what is it exactly.

But you mention there's no other plugins in the scene besides Timeline, so that's odd.

Upvote 0
The combination of VAMMoan and Lip Sync plugin when the loaded appearance has the "Drive Jaw angle from Head Audio" will put the "mouth open wide" at that value.
Or maybe it's one of the checkboxes in VAMMoan to adjust the jaw or something, that together with the above does this.
Not sure right now and away from VaM to recall what is it exactly.

But you mention there's no other plugins in the scene besides Timeline, so that's odd.
This makes an interesting case for the situation though! That specified value is part of what's been driving me nuts, so this gives me an avenue to take. Thank you, Atani!

Upvote 0
Ok, finally could load VaM.
So, in VAMMoan, if you check "Enable auto-jaw animation" it will enable "Drive Jaw angle from Head Audio". This will make the "mouth open wide" morph change values constantly.

Now, I used to have this problem when combining with Lip Sync, I recognise that value. I downloaded your Hayley/Tess scene as you use both there, and while changing appearance presets (my own) the morph above changed a lot when I loaded the character (frozen), but then went back to normal floating values needed for the auto-jaw animation. I couldn't replicate the problem I used to see a lot.
One thing to compare is that I'm using VAMMoan v22, while the scene asks for v20. I wonder if VAMMoan new version fixes this clash with Lip Sync?

Upvote 0
So, in VAMMoan, if you check "Enable auto-jaw animation" it will enable "Drive Jaw angle from Head Audio". This will make the "mouth open wide" morph change values constantly.

Now, I used to have this problem when combining with Lip Sync, I recognise that value. I downloaded your Hayley/Tess scene as you use both there, and while changing appearance presets (my own) the morph above changed a lot when I loaded the character (frozen), but then went back to normal floating values needed for the auto-jaw animation. I couldn't replicate the problem I used to see a lot.
One thing to compare is that I'm using VAMMoan v22, while the scene asks for v20. I wonder if VAMMoan new version fixes this clash with Lip Sync?
The thing is, even when I use VAMMoan, I never use the "enable auto-jaw animation" option. I prefer to make my own animations with head audio triggers, but the fact that it sets to that specific value intrigues me. It's definitely a weird one!

Upvote 0
Something else that updated was VaM itself, maybe something was updated there that makes me not have that problem with "mouth open wide" anymore.
I don't know if you're on the latest VaM (x.13) and VAMMoan (v22), but if not you can give it a try to see if the problem continues.

Upvote 0

Thank you, Atani. While VAMMoan wasn't exactly the issue, it sent me down the right path and I discovered that the real issue was the "Drive Jaw Angle From Head Audio" checkbox. Somehow it got unchecked in the presets I was using and as soon as I checked it again, resaved the preset and reloaded it, the issue went away! Thank you!!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom